• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Frazetta steals from Frazetta

155 posts in this topic

Same with Tiger. Having sex with someone is not a big deal. People do this all the time it is the fact that he was married at the time. Had news of a Tiger affair prior to the meeting of his wife come out today no one would care not even his wife. No one cares that Tiger had sex. They care that he betrayed his wife and his family.

As far as the law goes one is a crime the other not a crime. However these are both acts of betrayal and are comparable as such.

Hey Brother.. I agree that Tiger betrayed his wife. he's a bad boy.

However, he didn't betray me in any way, nor you, nor anyone else.. Just his wife and well okay, his kids and himself as well.

But the reality is: it is a personal matter for his wife and family and what I think or what you think or whatever anyone on the street thinks is meaningless as we are not in any way involved with Tiger and he shouldn't care one wit what any of us thinks about largely because - it's none of our business, and that is the one over-riding factor when it gets to people beyond his family.

Should he have done it?? I don't think so because when you do things, they have repercussions and he is reaping the detriment of his actions now. He has a responsibilty to his wife and kids and he has a responsibilty to his sponsors (some of which are spelled out in his contracts). But being famous doesn't mean he has any responsibilty to you or me

The gossipist interest that people have in any issue does not give one an ownership interest in that story. It's fun to read about Tiger and to make silly jokes about his behaviour. But as far as Tiger's personal life goes, he shouldn't care one iota what either of us thinks.

I never cheated on my ex-wife and I'm positive she never cheated on me

I've never even cheated on a girlfriend if we were in an exclusive relationship because my personal morality structure does not allow me that latitude.

Tiger and Elin and Tiger's sponsors may wish to address the issue.

Myself I don't care and never have cared what anyone else - including Tiger - does.

largely because .. it ain't none o' my bizzness

Same with Tiger. Having sex with someone is not a big deal. People do this all the time it is the fact that he was married at the time. Had news of a Tiger affair prior to the meeting of his wife come out today no one would care not even his wife. No one cares that Tiger had sex. They care that he betrayed his wife and his family.

As far as the law goes one is a crime the other not a crime. However these are both acts of betrayal and are comparable as such.

However, he didn't betray me in any way, nor you, nor anyone else.. Just his wife and well okay, his kids and himself as well.

But the reality is: it is a personal matter for his wife and family and what I think or what you think or whatever anyone on the street thinks is meaningless as we are not in any way involved with Tiger and he shouldn't care one wit what any of us thinks about largely because - it's none of our business, and that is the one over-riding factor when it gets to people beyond his family.

Should he have done it?? I don't think so because when you do things, they have repercussions and he is reaping the detriment of his actions now. He has a responsibilty to his wife and kids and he has a responsibilty to his sponsors (some of which are spelled out in his contracts). But being famous doesn't mean he has any responsibilty to you or me

The gossipist interest that people have in any issue does not give one an ownership interest in that story. It's fun to read about Tiger and to make silly jokes about his behaviour. But as far as Tiger's personal life goes, he shouldn't care one iota what either of us thinks.

I've never even cheated on a girlfriend if we were in an exclusive relationship because my personal morality structure does not allow me that latitude.

Myself I don't care and never have cared what anyone else - including Tiger - does.

Tiger didn't betray me so in the end I really don't care much or think about it. However, it is a shame to see.

agreed but the frazetta matter is really none of our business either. The fact that we like his art (or admire tiger's game) doesn't matter. We really don't know either guy (unless you've had personal dealings with frank, I don't know) and neither story is really our business.

agreed but the frazetta matter is really none of our business either. The fact that we like his art (or admire tiger's game) doesn't matter. We really don't know either guy (unless you've had personal dealings with frank, I don't know) and neither story is really our business.

I completely agree. In America we have confused the right to know with the want to know.

Of course it's not. But come on guys, this is a message board about original art, and of course this is of interest to those of us who admire Frank/his art/ and things in his life. Geepers.

I completely agree. In America we have confused the right to know with the want to know.

Bronty.. we're interested in the Frazetta issue because it is a comic art related news issue. But there is a difference with being "news interested" and being judgemental about someone who has a personal family issue going on as is Tiger's situation. The frazetta thing is not really a family issue.. it's a theft story

It's very easy to judge Frazetta Jr because.. well.. it speaks for itself.

at the very least, Jr is guilty of gross stupidity, although it seems the likelihood is that he's guilty of theft (once a single painting was removed from it's hook. it becomes theft)

The Tiger issue is something else in a totally different realm.. It's news for titilation's sake and fodder for much comedy

but I agree with rednalsram.,..... it's interesting that both stories have to do with backhoes

Bronty.. we're interested in the Frazetta issue because it is a comic art related news issue. But there is a difference with being "news interested" and being judgemental about someone who has a personal family issue going on as is Tiger's situation. The frazetta thing is not really a family issue.. it's a theft story

Seems like the Frazetta situation IS a family issue AND a theft story. Which doesn't make it any more of our business. But, like a train wreck, it's hard to look away.

What it likely is, is a complex estate planning issue. Very few of us will ever know what it's like to deal with all the obligations and ramifications of an estate of that size. Speaking in general terms, the more heirs, the more potential complications. Hope it ends amicably for them all.

This post on the Comic L is very interesting. At the end of the Pocono Record video clip, the interviewed notary says Frank Sr. last month revoked power of attorney from the three other siblings and shifted power of attorney to Frank Jr.

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/comicart-l/message/301699

If true, I am totally lost.

If it was legal then why bulldozer the front door?

This post on the Comic L is very interesting. At the end of the Pocono Record video clip, the interviewed notary says Frank Sr. last month revoked power of attorney from the three other siblings and shifted power of attorney to Frank Jr.

Very strange. I thought for sure Jr was whacked on drugs when I first heard this but now maybe it was just a bad attempt at keeping the art away from the rest of the siblings. Whatever is going on it is very sad because it boils down to a family feud over money.

I hope whatever happens in the end Frank Sr is happy.

I Wonder if siblings changed the locks

I hope there is a Pennsylvania attorney on the boards that can answer some questions.

The highlighted part confuses me. In Illinois, notaries are empowered to ensure that a person signing a document was in fact that person and not an lying. The person asking for the notarized document has their identity confirmed and then the notary witnesses the signature. All of the secretaries in my firm are notaries for example, it's another facet of their day to day job.

Perhaps it is different in PA, but I have never heard of a Notary spending an hour on an already prepared power of attorney. I would be shocked if the document in question was not prepared in advance of meeting with the notary, given the complexity and impact of the document. A power of attorney is not something you leave to a Notary to prepare when there are millions of dollars at stake, you have your attorney draft this document and any attorney worth his salt has a Notary on hand to execute the document fully. If the document was prepared fully I don't know what took an hour to certify.

The Notary he used was in a neighborhood insurance agency that insures cars and does vehicle registrations and notary work on the side. I am sure they do a nice job, but it seems odd with the potential impact of a document such as this, that it was handled in this manner by a small store front auto insurance office.

I am not saying she is lying, but, I have never heard of someone spending an hour to have a previously prepared document notarized. It would also be nice to know when Frank Sr. left for Florida, just to be sure. This is all so very strange.

With every report we are getting further from clarity it seems.

Best,

Chris

Another creator has chimed in...this time it's Randy Bowen:

What a mess.

Posted on THE BEAT:

---

Randy Bowen Says:

12/17/09 at 11:12 am

Some may find the following story of interest:

I own a sculpture company called Bowen Designs. Last summer I received a

phone call from a bronze foundry in Texas, stating that they were working on

a giant-sized bronze sculpture for the U.S. Army of Frazetta¹s Death Dealer.

Apparently, Frank Jr. presented the Death Dealer sculpture (that I had

sculpted many years ago) as his creation to the army brass.

In other words, Frank Jr. pitched the project, saying that my sculpture was

his work. This was done without my permission. I don¹t claim to own the

copyright, but I did create many aspects of the image that were not depicted

in the original Frazetta (Sr.) painting.

The foundry called me, because they saw my name on the piece: (not Frank

Jr). The giant bronze and (slightly smaller fiberglass replica) were sold to

the army (as part of the Phantom Warrior project). These sculptures are

exact replicas of the piece that I had sculpted. The projects cost the US

tax payers hundreds of thousands of dollars, in a time of war, when our

troops can¹t afford flak-vests! To my knowledge, Frank Jr. is the sole

recipient of the profits for these projects.

The foundry notified Frank Jr. that I was now aware of his use of my

sculpture. He then contacted me to offer me cash and or artwork (as

settlement), that he said had been given to him by Frank Sr. (this was

before the museum backhoe incident).

I¹ve not heard from Frank Jr. since.