• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

2009 Siggy Awards

165 posts in this topic

JJ and a few others know this is coming, but unfortunately the book is in the mail from CGC so hopefully I receive it soon enough to post a photo.

Caliber Presents 1 CGC SS 9.8, White Pages,

1st appearance of The Crow by James O'Barr

Signed by James O'Barr on 10/17/09

The highest graded signed copy in the census, to date.

Soft 9.8 :baiting:

2009 Worst Signature Placement of the Year - 6 of the sigs don't even belong on the book. :insane:

th_DarkAvengers1-DjurdjevicGoblin.jpg

lol

Adam that's hilarious, I didn't know you cared.

Let's let all facts be known:

1. This book was a "souvenir" of sorts for the NYComicCon in February. These were artists that I respect so I proceeded to graciously get their signatures.I didn't know this wasn't allowed,lol.

2. You courted me for 4 months about this book, and even complimented the sigs in your PM's.

3. You knowingly bought the book with all the sigs. If it bothered you so much, why make the purchase?

But I digress, this is JJ's thread about the Siggys. Sorry JJ.

I would buy that book if it had the signatures of everyone the witness road the subway with that day. That sketch is the sickness.

JJ and a few others know this is coming, but unfortunately the book is in the mail from CGC so hopefully I receive it soon enough to post a photo.

Caliber Presents 1 CGC SS 9.8, White Pages,

1st appearance of The Crow by James O'Barr

Signed by James O'Barr on 10/17/09

The highest graded signed copy in the census, to date.

Soft 9.8 :baiting:

lol

Consider it a preemptive strike before the goodness missle arrives.

Okay, that didn't sound right. :eek:

2009 Worst Signature Placement of the Year - 6 of the sigs don't even belong on the book. :insane:

lol

1. This book was a "souvenir" of sorts for the NYComicCon in February. These were artists that I respect so I proceeded to graciously get their signatures.I didn't know this wasn't allowed,lol.

2. You courted me for 4 months about this book, and even complimented the sigs in your PM's.

3. You knowingly bought the book with all the sigs. If it bothered you so much, why make the purchase?

I would buy that book if it had the signatures of everyone the witness road the subway with that day. That sketch is the sickness.

I love the sketch, which is why I went after it. I personally believe that in this case, the sigs detract from the sketch a bit, but the sketch's awesomeness FAR outweighs the anything that the sigs do for this. I own the sketch and have no plans of getting rid of it any time soon. However, Mr. Mylar (Mike) was the one who put this book together under a witness's supervision and me knocking the book could be interpreted as me knocking him. That's not the case.

I'm sorry if I offended you, Mike. :foryou:

lol

I love the sketch, which is why I went after it. I personally believe that in this case, the sigs detract from the sketch a bit, but the sketch's awesomeness FAR outweighs the anything that the sigs do for this. I own the sketch and have no plans of getting rid of it any time soon. However, Mr. Mylar (Mike) was the one who put this book together under a witness's supervision and me knocking the book could be interpreted as me knocking him. That's not the case.

I'm sorry if I offended you, Mike. :foryou:

Hey Adam,

Thanks for your response. I think this was a misunderstanding, no harm no foul. :foryou:

I personally think the book could be placed in the best sketch category for consideration. :) Now back to our scheduled program...

I personally think the book could be placed in the best sketch category for consideration. :)

I agree. It's funny, even with all full-figure sketches I've added, the Djurdjevic, the Finch, and the Romita Sr. are still among my best Goblins and they're all headsketches.

Back on track, another for the multi-sig category.

Hulk100Project.jpg

I havent been pushing or posting, but I would be remissed if I didn't post this one...

SDCC this year, special thanks to Kris Moore (thecollector) for standing in line as I walked by him 10 times to see if it was done lol

Halloween #1

Night Dance

CGC SS 10

Signed by Rob Zombie

90864.jpg.fe9684bb30c8dddfe85d0f4a19a629fb.jpg