• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

2009 Siggy Awards

165 posts in this topic

Jon if we have two sketches that we like can we send both for this nomination stage or must every category be just one nomination.

Just one nomination per category, which is going to make it really really tough...

There will also be a really cool 'something' to honor the winners of each category, hope you guys will enjoy!!!

Jon if we have two sketches that we like can we send both for this nomination stage or must every category be just one nomination.

Just one nomination per category, which is going to make it really really tough...

There will also be a really cool 'something' to honor the winners of each category, hope you guys will enjoy!!!

You just made this even harder for me! :P Guess I'll do like they do for the Heisman and vote on the last day so I can do a lot of thinking.

Here's one I think deserves consideration for CGC SS Golden-Age book of the year (witnessed by Kris Moore), Out of the Shadows # 8 signed by Jack Katz. It's not often a classic pre-code horror comic is signed and slabbed. You'll probably never see another one like it because the comic is really rare and Jack Katz does not attend many Cons.

90760.jpg.e927ee4782dcf0a3ba72b1d04edf33a3.jpg

A couple for your consideration:

2009 Best Bronze/Copper Book of the Year - For copper, I'd go with TMNT #4 Error variant. Highest and only 9.6 SS, double signed and sketched. Less than 800 copies exist.

th_TeenageMutantNinjaTurtles4Error.jpg

2009 Best Modern Book of the Year - ASM #1 Authentix CGC 9.8 SS triple signed with JRSr sketch.

th_AmazingSpider-man1Authentix-Spidey.jpg

2009 Best Multi Signature Book of the Year - World War Hulk signed by 7

th_WorldWarHulk1AspenSignedby7.jpg

2009 Best Sketch/Commission Book of the Year -

th_DarkAvengers1-RomitaGoblin.jpg

2009 Worst Signature Placement of the Year - 6 of the sigs don't even belong on the book. :insane:

th_DarkAvengers1-DjurdjevicGoblin.jpg

2009 Best Bronze/Copper Book of the Year -

Only book EVER signed by Stan Lee and Frank Frazetta

Epic-Illustrated-%231.jpg

2009 Best Modern Book of the Year -

Megan Fox signature Book. Lets see a scan again!

2009 Best Multi Signature Book of the Year -

Joel Elad Creation.

2009 Best Sketch/Commission Book of the Year -

all right......... It will be back w/ stan's sig next week......

297145372_o.jpg

2009 Best Bronze/Copper Book of the Year -

Only book EVER signed by Stan Lee and Frank Frazetta

Epic-Illustrated-%231.jpg

Maaaaan, you aint playing around! that's sick!!!! (worship)

JJ and a few others know this is coming, but unfortunately the book is in the mail from CGC so hopefully I receive it soon enough to post a photo.

Caliber Presents 1 CGC SS 9.8, White Pages,

1st appearance of The Crow by James O'Barr

Signed by James O'Barr on 10/17/09

The highest graded signed copy in the census, to date.

2009 Worst Signature Placement of the Year - 6 of the sigs don't even belong on the book. :insane:

th_DarkAvengers1-DjurdjevicGoblin.jpg

lol

Adam that's hilarious, I didn't know you cared.

Let's let all facts be known:

1. This book was a "souvenir" of sorts for the NYComicCon in February. These were artists that I respect so I proceeded to graciously get their signatures.I didn't know this wasn't allowed,lol.

2. You courted me for 4 months about this book, and even complimented the sigs in your PM's.

3. You knowingly bought the book with all the sigs. If it bothered you so much, why make the purchase?

But I digress, this is JJ's thread about the Siggys. Sorry JJ.

Two books to keep in consideration would be, The multi-signed official Marvel index book that was posted not long ago and the Michael turner multi-signed book #NN...

I humbly submit this book for your consideration in the multi-signature catagory. :wishluck:

:o

It looks like the label is running out of space, but nicely placed signatures.

:applause: