• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Catrick's 3 day sale! 100 pg. Batbooks, Oldies, a few Pulps! CHEAP

90 posts in this topic

Well, I have Monday off, and I've spent a potful in the last couple weeks, so it's time to move some books at bargain prices to get a little cash back in hand.

:takeit:

rules the roost, but PM's are always welcome. Check or MO vastly preferred, but if you absolutely MUST pay with PayPal, send me a PM, we'll work something out.

Shipping to USA and Canada is $5.00 for up to 4 books, Priority flat rate box for up to 40 books. If you spend more than $200 shipping is on me, any quantity.

I'm going to start out with a nice stack of DC 100 pagers, Batman and Detective, follow up with some oldies and oddballs, then on to some Bronze reader lots, and finally, if I haven't run out of ambition a few reader copy Shadow pulps, and a sharp Astounding.

I'm going to discount pretty steeply from Overstreet, so check back often, there should be some attractive bargains for eveyone!

Thanks for looking,

Rick

catrick339@aol.com

First up, Batman 254.

Sharp copy, couple tiny color chips upper edge, rubbing spot over upper staple just below issue #, tiny bit of wear along lower edge LH FC, clean BC, white pages. Overstreet 8.0 is $41, I'm asking $25

bats254.jpg

Batman 257

Nice flat clean copy with some minor issues. There's a light spot left of the logo, see scan, don't know whether it's a drop of water, or an ink dropout during the printing process. 1/8" tear lower RHFC. Color breaking indent LHFC directly left of the tip of Penguin's coat tail, this isn't a spine snap, just an indent on the front cover. 1/4" chip out lower spine. Back cover is white and clean, interior is white. Overstreet 6.0 is $18, I'm asking $10

bats257.jpg

Batman 258

Okay, somebody with a greasy thumb read this one, and left a smeary mess to the right of the logo. Rest of the book is nice, if you can live with the smear you get a bargain on an otherwise pretty book. $5.00 takes it.

bats258.jpg

Batman 259

Nicest book out of the Batman stack, flat, clean, square, with a tiny color chip lower RH FC edge, and a faint whiff of wear at the lower LH corner. That's really about it. Back cover is clean and white, interior is white. Overstreet is $66 in 9.0, this may go a hair higher than that, but even if it does, I'm asking $40.

bats259.jpg

HAW HAW! "Haven't turned any in a while"

Heh, you're a caution and thats a fact. I've run a couple sales threads before, but not for a while.

Detective Comics 439 :news: SOLD!

Second 100 pager, this copy is flat and clean enough, but has some minor problems. Minor rubbing along upper spine, worst at LH where some bindery glue piled up. Lower RH FC is weak, with some minor wear and rubbing. Some minor wear and rubbing on BC, worst at upper staple where it shows a small spot worn right through. 1/8" tear lower LH BC, one tine snap BC apx 1/3 up from bottom, doesn't go through to front, FC not affected. All that being said it presents nicely, white interior. Overstreet 5.0 is $15, I'm asking $7

detect439.jpg

Detective Comics 441

Solid copy, with minor wear upper LH FC, a touch of rubbing lower RH FC, teensy dogear upper RH FC, may not be visible in scan. Also, a not-quite-dogear upper LH BC, it never got folded but if you look carefully it's there. Overstreet is $18 in 6.0, I'm asking $7

detect441.jpg

Detective Comics 442, copy A

Rubbing, minor wear, small dogears both corners lower edge FC, one spine tic at Batman's cape, that's about it. Overstreet 60 is $18, I'm asking $8

Oh, I should mention, ALL of these 100 pagers have white pages unless otherwise noted.

detect442a.jpg

Detective Comics 442, copy B

Sharp copy, with tiny dogears upper and lower RH FC, what appears to be 1/8" bindery tear at lower spine, not visible in scan. Small NCB indent on extreme upper edge above the "100" in upper header. Presents very nicely, just enough problems to keep it out of the upper tier. Overstreet 8.0 is $39, I'm asking $20

detect442b.jpg

Detective Comics 443 :news: SOLD!

This one presents well, but either the bindery glue hardened and some spots chipped away or the bugs got at it, there are five spots on the spine where paper is missing, two of them at upper end that are fairly significant. Front and back covers are both complete, but ooh that spine. You should be able to see the missing bits in the scan. $4

detect443.jpg

Detective Comics 444 copy A

Pretty enough copy with minor wear at extremities, but there are a half dozen or so droplet sized light stains scattered on the BC. Minor, but what can you do? They're there. If minor back cover issues don't bother you this one could be your baby. Overstreet 5.0 $15, I'm asking $6

detect444a.jpg

Detective Comics 444, copy B

Sharp copy, some minor issues. Two tiny tears upper edge FC, may be from bindery/trimming process, tiny dog ear upper RH FC, the same lower RH FC. Otherwise a pretty issue. Overstreet 8.0 is $39, I'm asking $20

detect444b.jpg

Detective Comics 439

Second 100 pager, this copy is flat and clean enough, but has some minor problems. Minor rubbing along upper spine, worst at LH where some bindery glue piled up. Lower RH FC is weak, with some minor wear and rubbing. Some minor wear and rubbing on BC, worst at upper staple where it shows a small spot worn right through. 1/8" tear lower LH BC, one tine snap BC apx 1/3 up from bottom, doesn't go through to front, FC not affected. All that being said it presents nicely, white interior. Overstreet 5.0 is $15, I'm asking $7

detect439.jpg

Detective Comics 443

This one presents well, but either the bindery glue hardened and some spots chipped away or the bugs got at it, there are five spots on the spine where paper is missing, two of them at upper end that are fairly significant. Front and back covers are both complete, but ooh that spine. You should be able to see the missing bits in the scan. $4

detect443.jpg

Detective Comics 445

Pretty copy...if you don't count those three fingerprints scattered around the "D" and "O" in the logo. Sigh....when will people learn not to read comics and eat potato chips? Well, at least it wasn't Cheetos, not a whiff of orange.

Otherwise quite nice, $7

detect445.jpg