• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

What's the best way to sell/trade about 6 long boxes of random BA/CA?

50 posts in this topic

Hey nocutename, I love Zapp comics! Great shop! I've been to the one in Manalapan, not the one in Wayne. I agree, awesome shop. Went there recently for their annual sale and picked up some great stuff at amazing prices. I'd have to lug them all down there though. I think I'm just going to do the local show in March.. it's the least amount of hassle and I actually think it will be fun.

I was so happy to discover that shop. It's a haul for me but I am going to try and go back in a few months time. He also does want list so I may take him up on the offer.

I wonder if the other shop is just as good. hm

Anyway, here's another suggestion for what it is worth. If you truly just want to get rid of the books, price them correctly i.e. very cheap.

Hmmm. really? Even with lots of books in there that guide at around $10-$15? God I just hate to let them go for so little, knowing how much time I spent digging for a lot of them especially! I may take them to this one local dealer, or post on craigslist. I just hate to have someone come here and really lowball me and have to tell them no. hm

$30 a box isn't the going rate for that sort of stuff (it is the going rate for your generalized drek from the last 20 years though), but nobody is going to pay a lot more than that (or get up to your $2 a book hope) unless they know what's in the box.

I buy that type of material all the time, based on description, about $100/box, more in store credit. Contact me to make an appointment at my Wayne store. Low to mid-grade Silver to Copper is quite abundant at way under Guide at shows/Ebay/LCS.

Here is my $.02

In the following order--

1. Ebay

2. Friends

3. Try here but you can waste a lot of time going through the piles and trying to see eye to eye with other people on condition. I made some money with people here but encountered inevitable frustration.

4. Rent a table

5. Lawn Sale-- I made a lot of money that way

6. Sell to Book Store if you can

7. Discount and try boards again

8. Discount and do another lawn sale

9. Give away to local kids