• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

What did you get from your Secret Santa?

150 posts in this topic

Apparently my secrets santa recipient who hardly ever comes on the boards has recieved his gift and opened it, here is my P.M. from him.

So here comes this priority mail box, looking like so many other priority mail boxes filled with comics that I've purchased on these boards. I open it, see the contents, and think, "Wow, this was a GREAT purchase! When did I buy these? Must have been a while ago." And - because this happened at my office - I put the box down and go back to work.

But something is bothering me. I KNOW that in the past few months I have read (more than once) the entry on Amazon for exactly the Alan Moore book that was in the box that just arrived. Why was I thinking of buying that book via Amazon when I had apparently bought it on the boards? And those MAX books . . . I remember buying just about whatever MAX book when I saw them, but I don't clearly remember purchasing the books in that box . . .

doh!!!! That's my Christmas present in there!!!! From my secret Santa on the boards!!! What a great and perfect surprise!!!

Thank you, David, very much. The books are fantastic and much appreciated additions to the collection, and will be read and enjoyed. And in the "karma" category you should know that your thoughtfulness inspired me to take some additional time with the gift for my "secret Santa".

I hope you have a wonderful Christmas and a happy and healthy 2010. And I will look for you on the boards to exchange greetings along the way.

Thanks again.

Joe

A little early Joe,but Im glad you liked it. :cloud9:

For those interested (and really, who wouldn't be ;) )one of the items David sent me was The Extraordinary Works of Alan Moore, which is a fantastic and really indispensable resource for anyone who is a fan of Moore's. I'm 50 pages into it and can't wait to get more free time over the Christmas holiday to hunker down and plow through the rest. This is what it looks like:

the_extraordinary_works_of_alan_moo.jpg

Again, a great present from David / oakman29. Hopefully my "giftee" feels the same way about his present as I do about mine.

Apparently my secrets santa recipient who hardly ever comes on the boards has recieved his gift and opened it, here is my P.M. from him.

So here comes this priority mail box, looking like so many other priority mail boxes filled with comics that I've purchased on these boards. I open it, see the contents, and think, "Wow, this was a GREAT purchase! When did I buy these? Must have been a while ago." And - because this happened at my office - I put the box down and go back to work.

But something is bothering me. I KNOW that in the past few months I have read (more than once) the entry on Amazon for exactly the Alan Moore book that was in the box that just arrived. Why was I thinking of buying that book via Amazon when I had apparently bought it on the boards? And those MAX books . . . I remember buying just about whatever MAX book when I saw them, but I don't clearly remember purchasing the books in that box . . .

doh!!!! That's my Christmas present in there!!!! From my secret Santa on the boards!!! What a great and perfect surprise!!!

Thank you, David, very much. The books are fantastic and much appreciated additions to the collection, and will be read and enjoyed. And in the "karma" category you should know that your thoughtfulness inspired me to take some additional time with the gift for my "secret Santa".

I hope you have a wonderful Christmas and a happy and healthy 2010. And I will look for you on the boards to exchange greetings along the way.

Thanks again.

Joe

A little early Joe,but Im glad you liked it. :cloud9:

For those interested (and really, who wouldn't be ;) )one of the items David sent me was The Extraordinary Works of Alan Moore, which is a fantastic and really indispensable resource for anyone who is a fan of Moore's. I'm 50 pages into it and can't wait to get more free time over the Christmas holiday to hunker down and plow through the rest. This is what it looks like:

the_extraordinary_works_of_alan_moo.jpg

Again, a great present from David / oakman29. Hopefully my "giftee" feels the same way about his present as I do about mine.

:cloud9:

Q. What did I get from my secret santa?

A. I don't know yet.....CUZ ITS NOT CHRISTMAS !!! :acclaim:

:signfunny:

wazz up Mike

I'm looking at my SS gift under the tree and thinking.......There could be ANYTHING in there !!!

This is what I got from JerseyComicBoy....everything in this picture is something I wanted. So I have to give him mad props for coming through. I've already said Thank You to him a whole bunch, but again Thanks a lot. I really really like these.

A card revealing the identity of Santa. That's a Toon Tumbler featuring Magneto. The Walking Dead # 61. Amazing Spider-Man 241, 242, 252, & 257. Again, all these things are things that I wanted so he really came through.

91407.jpg.d39699997e37feeb49f8cce78d416585.jpg

Got this from Ares

I asked for either Y, the Last Man Standing TPBs 5-10

or

Alan Moore TPBs except Watchmen and Swamp Thing

IMG_0224.jpg

V seems to be a good read so far.

I also got some sweet cookies from Kenny and Ellen

IMG_0225.jpg