• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Listing on CAF

96 posts in this topic

I see both sides of this, and I was not aware that Bill had a rule against it, but I'm one of those pesky guys that has a "SOLD/TRADED" gallery,

as a premium member, I"m essentially "paying" for the space and bandwidth I use, and the discussion of the cost storage and bandwidth as reason not to have SOLD items in your CAF is miniscule.

OK, so now that you know there IS and always has been a rule are you going to abide by it?

As for the cost aspect, you are NOT paying for the space you use. You are paying for the additional features offered to premium members.

I agree with you on one thing, the cost factor is not the reason to remove your sold gallery. Abiding by the wishes of the site owner and the agreement you made when creating your gallery is the only reason. There is no justification for it or interpretation of intent. The rule is clear. If you choose to knowingly ignore it that's your choice.

I see both sides of this, and I was not aware that Bill had a rule against it, but I'm one of those pesky guys that has a "SOLD/TRADED" gallery,

as a premium member, I"m essentially "paying" for the space and bandwidth I use, and the discussion of the cost storage and bandwidth as reason not to have SOLD items in your CAF is miniscule.

OK, so now that you know there IS and always has been a rule are you going to abide by it?

As for the cost aspect, you are NOT paying for the space you use. You are paying for the additional features offered to premium members.

I agree with you on one thing, the cost factor is not the reason to remove your sold gallery. Abiding by the wishes of the site owner and the agreement you made when creating your gallery is the only reason. There is no justification for it or interpretation of intent. The rule is clear. If you choose to knowingly ignore it that's your choice.

ummmm, I beg to differ. I AM paying for the bandwidth, hosting etc, the Premium features are simply the draw to get people to do so. I'm among the 5-10% that pay $50 a month so that the rest don't have to pay anything. (and let's not forget the dealers that pay to advertise and tie their inventory into the site's database) :sumo:

as for deleting my SOLD gallery, no offense to Bill, but I don't feel a great sense of moral urgency to do so, I"m pretty comfortable with my rationalizations at this time. I'm just a blip on the radar of dozens and dozens of offenders in this regard, as well as all the other violations, like people posting images of art they want, or listing things for sale with sale galleries and prices when they aren't premium members. And, as I said, I have no problem removing an item if the new owner asks me to (as an aside, it would be neat if there was a way to automagically add a SOLD watermark to an image on the site, for further clarification) :devil:

Now I have to check and see if I have any of Ruben's art in my sold gallery! (is it Ruben or Rueben? Canuck or Yankee? I can never keeping it straight) (shrug)

It's Ruben Espinosa, the Yankee. I don't believe you have any of my pieces in your gallery. It's not about that. If you're comfortable with you're "I'm not obeying the rules until Bill makes me" justifications then good for you. You've made clear how you feel and why you think it's justifiied to to what you want despite the rules. I'm sure Bill is not going to tell you to take it down so enjoy.

ah ok, Yankee Ruben! I traded with Canuck Rueben, but you and I have exchanged emails form time to time over the years, and met in SD.

now man, c'mon. DECAF! :baiting:

in the interest of full disclosure, I've also spit on the sidewalk, jaywalked, drunk alcohol when I was under-age, lied to grandma about liking a sweater she gave me. I'm a bad person. I admit it! :rulez:

At no time did I call you a bad person. I'm commenting on the choices you made. Quite honestly if you just said. "I don't care, I'm doing it because I feel like it. Too bad" there would be no discussion. It's the justification that rubs me the wrong way more than the infraction of the rules. Again, my mistake for responding after I said I was done with the thread.

OK...here's a question for anyone.....

I am guilty of the heinous act this thread is about. I have two pages I need to remove.

How do I remove them? I've gone onto my account and "opened" one of the pages. I do not see an "edit" or "remove" option.

How do I remove it?

Thanks in advance.

in the interest of full disclosure, I've also spit on the sidewalk, jaywalked, drunk alcohol when I was under-age, lied to grandma about liking a sweater she gave me. I'm a bad person. I admit it!

Such a rebel. I guess your answer and the answer I got from the first guy helped open my eyes to why people would just ignore the extremely simple rules of someone who is trying to help the hobby grow. Seems like some people just don't give a damn.

At the top of your screen should be a link saying "manage". Click on it then click on "Manage Gallery Rooms" and then "View or add art". Then you can delete away...

Muchos Gracias!

I just deleted the two pages I sold this year.

Thanks! (thumbs u

in the interest of full disclosure, I've also spit on the sidewalk, jaywalked, drunk alcohol when I was under-age, lied to grandma about liking a sweater she gave me. I'm a bad person. I admit it!

Such a rebel. I guess your answer and the answer I got from the first guy helped open my eyes to why people would just ignore the extremely simple rules of someone who is trying to help the hobby grow. Seems like some people just don't give a damn.

I agree Claudio

ok kiddo, let's dismount your high horse for a minute and parse the purpose of Bill's T&C. That purpose is to prevent people from misrepresenting themselves as owners of a piece of art, even if they are the creator of said art, so long as it's clearly stated that they no longer have it. This discourages fraud, either by a person posting an image of art they do not own, or attempting to sell the same art multiple times. Also, the T&C you've referred to are for COMICARTFANS.COM, not COMICARTSHOP.COM. Unfortunately, that link is dead, so there isn't a posted T&C for the SHOP site, which may differ form the fan site. It can be a little confusing, since sales galleries in your CAF are cross-posted to the SHOP site if you're a premium member.

Items I've sold or traded are in a gallery indicating as such. My reasons for doing so have been clearly stated upthread, and I invite you to forward them to Bill for comment if you feel that strongly about it. and I suppose while you're playing tattle tale, we'll have to take down all the scans of old Original art catalogs that Lee Benaka has been posting for historical reference. God forbid anyone get confused and think they can get a Neal Adams X-Men page for $250! (shrug) It's refreshing to know that Bill has such selfless champions looking out for him. It's couldn't possibly be because having SOLD items show up in your wantlist searches upsets you, that would be, um, well....... hm

..... and I suppose while you're playing tattle tale, we'll have to take down all the scans of old Original art catalogs that Lee Benaka has been posting for historical reference. .......

Ironically, you just ratted out Lee. :baiting:

Okay, back to squabbling. :slapfight:

ok kiddo, let's dismount your high horse for a minute and parse the purpose of Bill's T&C. That purpose is to prevent people from misrepresenting themselves as owners of a piece of art, even if they are the creator of said art, so long as it's clearly stated that they no longer have it.

Really? Because all I read is:

You Must Own - or be the Creator of - the Artwork You Post to a Gallery Room.

You seem to be trying to justify why you choose to not follow the rules when there is no real justification.

I suppose while you're playing tattle tale,

Who is snitching on who? I am just expressing my thoughts.

It's couldn't possibly be because having SOLD items show up in your wantlist searches upsets you, that would be, um, well....... hm

Selfish? Maybe. Maybe not. But that's not why I started the thread.

ok kiddo, let's dismount your high horse for a minute and parse the purpose of Bill's T&C. That purpose is to prevent people from misrepresenting themselves as owners of a piece of art, even if they are the creator of said art, so long as it's clearly stated that they no longer have it.

Really? Because all I read is:

You Must Own - or be the Creator of - the Artwork You Post to a Gallery Room.

You seem to be trying to justify why you choose to not follow the rules when there is no real justification.

I suppose while you're playing tattle tale,

Who is snitching on who? I am just expressing my thoughts.

It's couldn't possibly be because having SOLD items show up in your wantlist searches upsets you, that would be, um, well....... hm

Selfish? Maybe. Maybe not. But that's not why I started the thread.

Well then why the hell did you start this thread? It began with you commenting on some guys sold artwork. I don't know who appointed you net nanny, but it seems to me that if you want to stamp out SOLD galleries on CAF, it would be a lot more efficient to appeal to Bill, the OWNER of the site, rather than harass individual offenders on the CAF and in other forums. Just a suggestion, But if you prefer to do things the hard way, knock yourself out, or as Sponge Bob used ta say "Well, good luck with that!" (thumbs u

I agree with Claudio

Stay outta this Richard! All you do is sell pics of things you don't own! lol

you are so wrong.. I agree with Claudio and I agree with Ruben.. I do not agree with you..

my CAF only has pictures of things I do own and whenever I sell something it comes down from CAF. If the new owner wants to exhibit it he (or she) can do so without any interference from me.

If I were to show pics of every piece of art I have ever sold, my CAF would have 1000s of photos I do not own, people searches would be cluttered and I probably wouldn't be able to find my way around my own CAF.

Bill Cox's rules say very specifically you are only supposed to show art you own.

I agree with Claudio

but it seems to me that if you want to stamp out SOLD galleries on CAF, it would be a lot more efficient to appeal to Bill, the OWNER of the site, rather than harass individual offenders on the CAF and in other forums. Just a suggestion

Thanks but I'll take suggestions from people whose opinion I value (One requirement would be being able to read and understand Bill's T&C).