• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Action 12, this time with working links

11 posts in this topic

Many thanks to Mike/Ramrodcar for hosting these (+ also to Donut for offering to).

Front

Back

sign-offtopic.gif

I read the thread on image hosting and ended up getting a yahoo briefcase. I made this public access, but the links obviously didn't work for some reason. Any suggestions as to where I screwed up ?

Nice book! Looks like G/VG 3.0 or thereabouts to me. No need to slab IMO unless you are concerned about restoration. It should sell just fine raw. I sold a Action 16 (G- 1.8) a while ago on ebay and it sold nearly instantaneously with a BIN just under Overstreet Good. For whatever that's worth.

Steve.

I agree - looks to be a G/VG 3.0 to me... but CGC is pretty kind on these early gems. I've certainly seen books that appeared to be in similar condition get VG- 3.5s at least.

Supa, I love the new avatar! "I Feel Good - NOT!"

Thanks for the feedback on this.

I bought it around 4 years ago as a VG- and when I dug through my records recently, I was pleasantly surprised by how little it had cost me. Most seem to think it's a G/VG or maybe a VG-, so grading was fairly accurate. Books like this are an amazing piece of history and when you look at the prices for some common slabbed BA, they really are value for money.

In light of the grading, what does everybody think of this ? Maybe I'm biased but I think my book looks considerably nicer. I'm tempted to slab purely as a resto check, but I like to pull it out and turn the pages, so it's probably not worth the expense to me.

Go to www.photobucket.com and set up a free account. thumbsup2.gif

It's free image hosting with a surprisingly large bandwidth limit. I dropped my pay hosting service because photobucket.com gave me tons more bandwidth and storage for free!!!! (I made a voluntary donation to the site out of personal gratitude, but you don't have to do this to join. Nor does he spam you with junk mail. He's just a good guy who is doing a service.)