• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Ebay advice needed

12 posts in this topic

I just sold a $25 book last night via my Ebay store to a 0 feedback buyer. Normally I have no problems selling to them, but his address is throwing up a red flag for me. Although the buyer paid quickly after I sent the invoice, the buyer's PayPal address is showing up as unconfirmed with a P.O. box address. Should I be worried about this? What do you guys recommend?

Just send it requiring a signature. You're covered.

You don't even need that these days - just regular delivery confirmation is enough.

Paypal/ebay changed the rules so for a seller it doesn't matter whether they ship to a confirmed or unconfirmed address - as long as it's the address associated with the paypal transaction, you're covered.

Ok thanks for the encouraging words. Guess I was a bit over worried about the unconfirmed P.O. Box address.

you should be fine as a seller as long as you use the delivery conf. with sales under $250..over that require the sig..

and paypal will verify a p.o box as long as the accounts linked are also being addressed thru the p.o box...i.e...their c.c. bills are sent to the p.o box also.

now if you were a buyer,which has happened to me,and you find out after the transaction,that the sellers "paypal verified" address is a p.o box.... it usually doesnt work out so well....as in a ebay scam i got whacked on back when paypal only covered the first $400....now,at least paypal will cover your entire loss.

Ok thanks for the encouraging words. Guess I was a bit over worried about the unconfirmed P.O. Box address.

I don't agree with the above posts. In order to be covered under the Paypal seller protection policy, the transaction must be listed as eligible or partially eligible on the transaction page. What does the page say? My experience is that unconfirmed addresses are not listed as eligiable.

I would play the following game. Print out a mailing label using eBay/Paypal. This will send an email to the buyer. But, hold on to the item for about 5 buisness days. If the paypal payment has not been messed with, then ship.

Given the time of year and gift buying going on, I would not be overly concerned.

PayPal won't confirm my PO box address. I am a premier business account holder been on Ebay nearly 11 years. They won't confirm it even though it is the same address for my bank account. I don't really have any problems on Ebay with it.

I just never want Ebay buyers to have my "house" address.

Hmm why would the refuse to confirm my PO box? I even called..I mean as you know I have been on Ebay for a LOOOONNNGGG time and taking paypal since the start of it. The person I talked to on the phnoe said it wasn't possible..I was a little surprised..because it was only recently I realized it said "unconfirmed" next to my addy.

I don't agree with the above posts. In order to be covered under the Paypal seller protection policy, the transaction must be listed as eligible or partially eligible on the transaction page. What does the page say? My experience is that unconfirmed addresses are not listed as eligiable.

I would play the following game. Print out a mailing label using eBay/Paypal. This will send an email to the buyer. But, hold on to the item for about 5 buisness days. If the paypal payment has not been messed with, then ship.

Given the time of year and gift buying going on, I would not be overly concerned.

Your experience is incorrect. In regards to the PP seller protection policy, there's zero difference between a confirmed and unconfirmed address - all that matters is that you ship to the address associated with the paypal payment.