• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Wanted #2

37 posts in this topic

thanx...but why him in particular? If this were a Wildstorm book, maybe, but why would they go in that direction...and anyway, wasnt he referred to (and shown) earlier as one of the surviving three? ..or at least Millar's version of him?

Yep, I was hooke after issue 1 myself, good stuff! Sold out at my spot also BTW. I did get a copy of the "B" & "C" covers though, last Silvestri cover on the shelf.

wanted1_B.jpg

wanted1_C.jpg

Picked up a copy of the second issue at my store today based upon the recommendations here. Hope that it's a good read. Also picked up one of the #1 issues from the store.

Is there a difference in the value since there were four different cover versions available?

IT.

blush.gifSorry, couldn't resist. grin.gif

The floodgates have opened! Specs are rushing the stores! IT'S BEDLAM IN MY LOCAL 1,000,000 COMIX!!!!!!!! Ebay is so oversaturated with people rushing to buy these books that their mighty, mighty servers have crashed! Panic in the streets! Dogs and cats, living together! Mass hysteria!

Anybody want to buy a set? hi.gif

I just managed to penetrate ebay and snag my set at a moment when their mighty servers were teetering on total collapse. It's a sign from the gods.....I'm one step closer to retiring on comics by the age of 30. Financial freedom!!

I have to pass on any book with alternate covers just on principle. I may miss some good books this way, but I feel good about it. thumbsup2.gif

That only leaves about 2 titles per month left to buy.

Can't you just buy 1 cover, enjoy the comic, and pretend the variants don't exist? confused.gif

IT.

The floodgates have opened! Specs are rushing the stores! IT'S BEDLAM IN MY LOCAL 1,000,000 COMIX!!!!!!!! Ebay is so oversaturated with people rushing to buy these books that their mighty, mighty servers have crashed! Panic in the streets! Dogs and cats, living together! Mass hysteria!

I just managed to penetrate ebay and snag my set at a moment when their mighty servers were teetering on total collapse. It's a sign from the gods.....I'm one step closer to retiring on comics at the age of 30. Financial freedom!!

WHAT ARE YOU DOING HERE?!?!?!? FLIP IT!!!!!!!!!!! FOR THE LOVE OF GOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

IT.

I just managed to penetrate ebay and snag my set at a moment when their mighty servers were teetering on total collapse. It's a sign from the gods.....I'm one step closer to retiring on comics at the age of 30. Financial freedom!!

WHAT ARE YOU DOING HERE?!?!?!? FLIP IT!!!!!!!!!!! FOR THE LOVE OF GOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

NO, you FOOL!!!! I'm sending them to CGC at a MINTY 9.9 prescreen, so that I can sell them and buy myself a bungalow. Or I'll hold them for 5 years and buy myself a Yacht. Comic values are perpetually rising! Didn't you know! For God's sake MK, get a clue!

IT.

NO, you FOOL!!!! I'm sending them to CGC at a MINTY 9.9 prescreen, so that I can sell them and buy myself a bungalow. Or I'll hold them for 5 years and buy myself a Yacht. Comic values are perpetually rising! Didn't you know! For God's sake MK, get a clue!

You, my friend, are a true gambler.

For this, I sing you the following song (as seems to be my style of late):

"You got to know when to hold 'em, know how not to fold 'em

Know when to walk 'em through, know when to ship UPS.

You never crack your cases when you're sittin' on a neaaar mint

There'll be time enough for readin', when the flippin's done

Now, every 'collector' knows, the secret to survivin'

Is knowing what to throw away, knowing what to keep

'Cause every 9.8's a winner and every 8.5's a loser

And the best you can hope for is the next '30 Days of Night'..."

Do I sence a little sarcasm in this thread?? 893scratchchin-thumb.gifgrin.gif

NO! This will be the book of the new millenium! SUPER-SCARCE. SOLD OUT. NEW HOTNESS, BABY!

:::looks at 14 unopened cases of Wanted 1 & 2:::

Oh god, please... buy them... foreheadslap.gif

NO! This will be the book of the new millenium! SUPER-SCARCE. SOLD OUT. NEW HOTNESS, BABY!

They did go pretty fast at the mainstream shops,...only cause they tend to order just three or four copies of indie books,....I have a shop near me that's on a college campus where indie stuff is practically all they sell....they still had 10 copies,....but they were all bashed up on the bottom...cept for the three I snagged......

They did go pretty fast at the mainstream shops,...only cause they tend to order just three or four copies of indie books,....I have a shop near me that's on a college campus where indie stuff is practically all they sell....they still had 10 copies,....but they were all bashed up on the bottom...cept for the three I snagged......

The stars are aligned... the word has been said... all we need now is WIZARD HYPE!

The stars are aligned... the word has been said... all we need now is WIZARD HYPE!

Well Wanted #1 is on the top ten hot list.....

Well hell, thats enough for me thumbsup2.gif Better start scouring the countryside and shipping as many as I can to get graded, and here I was worried about my retirement. tongue.gif

Well hell, thats enough for me thumbsup2.gif Better start scouring the countryside and shipping as many as I can to get graded, and here I was worried about my retirement. tongue.gif

Not to worry,...there will be new hype next week when this is forgotten,...that's how fads work..and if the masses want to shill out crazy money for this week's I'll take it,...cause if I don't someone else will...i'm not ashamed...