• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Wanted #2

37 posts in this topic

Got #2! This book rules! laugh.gif Over the top? Yep. Do I care? Nope!

Sounds good. I've got mine queued up for after dinner. I really enjoyed the first one.

By the way, if you want Millar "over the top" read the other "Millarworld" book out right now, The Unfunnies. There are several scenes that I couldn't describe here- no matter how careful I was; without getting a strike. It's "Black Kiss" insane except it's darker, more twisted and features "funny animals."

It's NUTTY. Absolutely nutty. Avatar describes it this way:

"Welcome to the most depraved comic-book of the 21st century, a disturbing, four issue mini-series that blends traditional animation with photo-strip storytelling to produce one of the most compelling horror comics in years. The Unfunnies is a journey through the dark side of the human soul like Magnolia or Happiness, but told in the style of your favorite animated cartoon strips. Undoubtedly, the most uncompromising work Mark Millar has ever produced, The Unfunnies forms a pivotal part of the www.millarworld.biz December event along with WANTED from Top Cow, RUN! from Image and CHOSEN from Dark Horse Comics. All four Millarworld titles are subtly linked and aimed at an exclusively MATURE READERS audience, supported by massive features in the comic book and mainstream press."

I just read Wanted #2. Great stuff. His initiation, from start to finish, was out of control and I really liked "origin" of the Wanted universe. The secret surprise at the end was fun too.

[fixed a typo]

Yeah, really solid issue from start to the surprise ending. Pretty brutal stuff during his initiation.

Did you pick up the re-print of #1? I think it's called the "Death's Head" reprint or something? Is there anything different about it that makesit worth picking up? (A Millar interview would be worth it!)

Chris

sellout at my LCS - I added it to my pull after 1 - i didn't pick up the reprint but I have the 3 regular covers and the Wiz World cover is the same as the one of him in his dad's costume...

after reading this issue, all I can say is "F. U.! F.U. all and F. Everyone!" 27_laughing.gif

Sellout at your store too? My shop had about 10 copies left when I got there. Might have sold out by now. He said he had under ordered on #1 (10 copies of each cover), so he upped his order by alot this time.

Gotta remember to call them and get them to set aside "Unfunnies" for me.

Chris

IT.

blush.gifSorry, couldn't resist. grin.gif

The floodgates have opened! Specs are rushing the stores! IT'S BEDLAM IN MY LOCAL 1,000,000 COMIX!!!!!!!! Ebay is so oversaturated with people rushing to buy these books that their mighty, mighty servers have crashed! Panic in the streets! Dogs and cats, living together! Mass hysteria!

Anybody want to buy a set? hi.gif