• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

PGM Captain America 100

27 posts in this topic

I sent this in with my last batch and I'm curious to see what grade this one receives because of the tanning. I really expected the inside of the book to be tan around the edges also but strangely enough it's actually nice. This one was received by the CGC on 11/2 so it should be close to getting graded. I would like to get everyones opinion on two things with this one.

1. Structural grade

2. Overall grade

How much do you think the tanning on the cover will drop this one down?

CaptainAmerica100.jpg

CaptainAmerica100b.jpg

I hate to be the Grinch, but that looks as though it's been trimmed. Who did you get it from?

I'll say a PLOD 8.0 C2OW

I hope I'm wrong.... :wishluck:

I've had it for over 22 years, this one I actually bought from Comic Castle in Victorville, CA. It actually looked the same with the tanning on the cover which made me want to pass on it even then but I was 15 and my chances of finding another one at the time was basically non existent lol

Good to hear. In that case I will say an 9.0ish

I don't see a major line or dust shadow. Just typical start of tanning.

If there is a distintive tanning or browning, probably won't grade over a an 8.0

If there isn't one, it's got nice enough front cover appeal to hit a possible 9.2

(shrug) I'm kinda all over the place on this one

I hate to be the Grinch, but that looks as though it's been trimmed.

What about this suggest trimming to you? That's an area I'm trying to get better at spotting (right now I have no clue). It sounds as if you've change your mind due to provenance, but I'm still curious what made you think that.

Thanks!