• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Will your collection ever be finished?

76 posts in this topic

maybe if they stop putting out awesome stories or if comics go all-digital.

If they go all digital that just means that we'll all be collecting terabyte storage media instead, lol LOL

I sure would like a complete set of Weird Tales, Unknown, Doc Savage, Spicy Detective, Operator 5, The Spider, Blue Book, etc etc on top of every comic book ever published, and let's not forget every science fiction magazine, book, and fanzine, and ditto mystery items. And that's just for starters.

Terabyte after terabyte, all stacked up in longboxes, lol LOL lol

Not a chance. The comic books that I read and collect are much too wide-ranging for this ever to happen.

maybe if they stop putting out awesome stories or if comics go all-digital.

If they go all digital that just means that we'll all be collecting terabyte storage media instead, lol LOL

I sure would like a complete set of Weird Tales, Unknown, Doc Savage, Spicy Detective, Operator 5, The Spider, Blue Book, etc etc on top of every comic book ever published, and let's not forget every science fiction magazine, book, and fanzine, and ditto mystery items. And that's just for starters.

Terabyte after terabyte, all stacked up in longboxes, lol LOL lol

I'm overwriting all my Bernouli disks as we speak to make room for the 2011 comics.

No, the OCD collector in you will never let it end!

I have found once you have completed one thing you keep going onto the next,dont fight it you cant help it. (shrug)

man batman 1!!! id love to see your collection

I always seem to finish one goal and almost immediately find another to start on.

I seem to have that problem too. I'm a completist so that makes it even worse. :eek:

I keep a comics want list on my PDA and had it under 75 issues at one point - now it's back up to 239. I keep looking through the cabinet drawers and going "Hmmm. I don't have a complete run of these so let's get those too." :blush:

I doubt it ... but don't tell my wife :blush:

My wife realized before me that this was probably never going to end. I kept saying, "no honey, really, once I finish my (insert any comic title) run, that will be it. I don't plan on collecting anything else."

But then I found this site, and then I started wandering over into the GA section - and then I started looking at the selling forum and saw a couple DC War comics I remembered owning - and then someone was selling some pulps that had cool covers - and then I forgot they made Mighty Mouse comics - and Underdog - and my mom used to have Little Lulu comics, I should buy her a few - and I really liked Alex Toth's art on the Lone Ranger - and Richard Corben was my favorite Heavy Metal artist - and Hot Wheels? I didn't know they had Hot Wheels comics - Alex Schomburg? Wow! Startling 49 is the :censored: - I always loved Frazetta :cloud9: - I should finish that whole Swamp Thing run and not just stop at issue 10 - someone's selling BA Detective comics on the boards for $2 each - and...

I'm doomed. :(

lol I know these forum sales are killing me. I just finished my Swamp Thing vol 1 run!

Im thinking pretty much never, does anyone else collect the same issues again and again just because you like the book?

Well, yes, I have a short box slam full of WBN 32 and TOD 10, and will start the second one in 2010.

I had my full run craze and completed all the Marvel BA Horror and Conan, then did the smaller runs Champions, Silver Surfer(SA 1-18), War is Hell, Godzilla, Black Panther, Tower of Shadows/Creatures on the Loose, Swamp Thing vol1. The most fun I had was the Marvel Giant Size run, and may do that one again.

Now, I have short boxes with-Bronze Age, Silver Age and Copper Age labels on the top that strictly have #1's, Keys and 1st app in them, and just printed out Bronze Age 2 last night as the first BA box is full (just need to add DC Super Giant 21 to complete it) and put a MSpot 2 and 5, TOD 1 and 10, WBN 1, 15, 32, Ghost Rider 1, Supernatural Thrillers 5, Fear 10, Man-Thing 1, Marvel Premiere 15, Marvel Special Edition 15, HOS 92 and Swamp Thing 1 in to that one to kick it off.....so the answer would be.....No. It's just to much fun-Peace CC.

Im thinking pretty much never, does anyone else collect the same issues again and again just because you like the book?

Well, yes, I have a short box slam full of WBN 32 and TOD 10, and will start the second one in 2010.

I had my full run craze and completed all the Marvel BA Horror and Conan, then did the smaller runs Champions, Silver Surfer(SA 1-18), War is Hell, Godzilla, Black Panther, Tower of Shadows/Creatures on the Loose, Swamp Thing vol1. The most fun I had was the Marvel Giant Size run, and may do that one again.

Now, I have short boxes with-Bronze Age, Silver Age and Copper Age labels on the top that strictly have #1's, Keys and 1st app in them, and just printed out Bronze Age 2 last night as the first BA box is full (just need to add DC Super Giant 21 to complete it) and put a MSpot 2 and 5, TOD 1 and 10, WBN 1, 15, 32, Ghost Rider 1, Supernatural Thrillers 5, Fear 10, Man-Thing 1, Marvel Premiere 15, Marvel Special Edition 15, HOS 92 and Swamp Thing 1 in to that one to kick it off.....so the answer would be.....No. It's just to much fun-Peace CC.

You seem to have alot of the same interests as me! :headbang:

You seem to have alot of the same interests as me! :headbang:

Excelsior!!!!! Happy Hunting!!!!!!!!!!

Will your collection ever be finished?

Now there's a rhetorical question. Surprised this thread wasn't started by COI.

As there's so much compulsion involved, the only way that a dedicated collector stops is when inertia or entropy kicks in. Or lack of funds. Although that hasn't stopped many collectors....

No - in the last 5 minutes I've decide to collect GA pulps that have brunettes on the cover because I won this:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=350291378981&ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT

It was just an excuse really lol

Nice price on that book ... too bad, it's not a pulp :makepoint:

But a righteous Enoch Bolles cover... SWEET!