• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Help out a clueless Golden Age Buyer

10 posts in this topic

Had a low grade Golden Age collection (late 40/early 50) offered to me & am clueless about these type books. Low grade (Fair/Good) type Western/War/ Dell Photo stuff (no hero stuff) couple of hundred books. I think there are some early Classic Illustrated stuff also. I'd like the western stuff for my collection but would like to know what type of market there is on the War & Dell stuff in this grade. Is it worth offering between $3 or $4 a book average for the entire collection? I really don't collect much of this stuff at all & just don't know the market at all.

Appreciate any help/advice as i told him I would decide by mid week.

I don't think the return would be worth the hassle of the sale... If there is something there you want, offer what you are willing to pay for just that, then anything you sell will be extra... but, at that grade, for those books... it's a hard sell, especially if the intent is to piecemeal them out...

Had a low grade Golden Age collection (late 40/early 50) offered to me & am clueless about these type books. Low grade (Fair/Good) type Western/War/ Dell Photo stuff (no hero stuff) couple of hundred books. I think there are some early Classic Illustrated stuff also. I'd like the western stuff for my collection but would like to know what type of market there is on the War & Dell stuff in this grade. Is it worth offering between $3 or $4 a book average for the entire collection? I really don't collect much of this stuff at all & just don't know the market at all.

Try to get them for $.50 each. You can then mark them from $1.00 to $4.00 and blow through them at a show.

Try to get them for $.50 each. You can then mark them from $1.00 to $4.00 and blow through them at a show.

(thumbs u

Gary nailed it, as usual :applause:

Gary nailed it, as usual :applause:

Gary's been hanging out with Tiger!

I don't think that would work. there's some neat books in the collection including Tomahawk #1-10, Ghost Rider #1-5, Boys Ranch #1-6, G.I. Combat #1 &2, the first 3 issues of All American "Men of War" along with 30 or so of the EC adventure/war books. My concern was for the Dell Photo Cover/Four Color/ Classic Illustrated books that I assume doesn't sell for anywhere near guide values & the overall market for G- type Golden Age books.

He's wanting a little under $4 a book & I was thinking a little under $2 a book. At $.50 a book I wouldn't have a shot, but I do appreciate the general consensus on it.

I don't think that would work. there's some neat books in the collection including Tomahawk #1-10, Ghost Rider #1-5, Boys Ranch #1-6, G.I. Combat #1 &2, the first 3 issues of All American "Men of War" along with 30 or so of the EC adventure/war books. My concern was for the Dell Photo Cover/Four Color/ Classic Illustrated books that I assume doesn't sell for anywhere near guide values & the overall market for G- type Golden Age books.

He's wanting a little under $4 a book & I was thinking a little under $2 a book. At $.50 a book I wouldn't have a shot, but I do appreciate the general consensus on it.

Yeah, but at $4.00 a book he might not have a shot either.