• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

MEGA-CON 2010

207 posts in this topic

So gentlemen, where are we going to dinner this time around?
we went to olive garden last year (shrug)

It was Vito's. That steakhouse.

How about Maggiano's at Pointe Orlando? They've got family style Italian. Good stuff!

I have heard good stuff about this place! Haven't been yet though, sounds like a great idea. Thanks goodness I have no basketball on Fri or Sat so I should be able to attend a dinner on either (or both) nights :banana:

How about Maggiano's at Pointe Orlando? They've got family style Italian. Good stuff!

Since I can't do it (for the first time in five years) because of the new baby, I nominate Christian as the Grand Pubah & Chief Organizer of the Mega-Con Forum Dinner. I can't think of a more worthy host. (worship)

How in the world do you mistake one of the best steakhouses in town for the Olive Garden? Must be Coke Zero poisioning. :baiting:

is that the restaurant that I spilled richard's drink in... I remember that... we also went to olive garden ...richard, mike/transplant, myself and I think someone else, but my memory fades as I get older

Since I can't do it (for the first time in five years) because of the new baby, I nominate Christian as the Grand Pubah & Chief Organizer of the Mega-Con Forum Dinner. I can't think of a more worthy host. (worship)

u still gonna make the show? (with papoose in tow?)

Sure! I'll help organize this thing! The wife and I are going there tomorrow so I'll pick up a menu and post here what I find out. I do know it is "family style" Italian food (some of the best around) and it's all-you-can eat. They bring everything to the table on large platters and the selection is pretty amazing (something for everyone). Plus it is in Pointe Orlando, right across the street from the con. Does this sound like a good option to everyone?

I'll also think of a few other places and check back into this thread over the weekend.

-Christian

Hey Christian,

I vote against Maggonos just because family style could be tricky with a huge group.

I am in either way (just as long as its not Thursday night cause I will be out to dinner with Mike Zeck and John Beatty) :banana:

How in the world do you mistake one of the best steakhouses in town for the Olive Garden? Must be Coke Zero poisioning. :baiting:

is that the restaurant that I spilled richard's drink in... I remember that... we also went to olive garden ...richard, mike/transplant, myself and I think someone else, but my memory fades as I get older

A bunch of us went to Olive Garden at MINI MegaCon....

I had a change of plans and didn't go to Maggiano's last weekend but will find out about their options regarding a large group and post back in this thread. Even though they have family style, they have a big regular menu which you can order ala carte which might be the best way to go about it I think. This is some of the best food in town and gets my vote!

Here is a link to their website if you don't know about them already: http://www.maggianos.com/

Also, does anyone else have any suggestions? We went to Vito's steakhouse last year. Anyone else feel free to chime in and nominate where you would like this year's Megacon dinner to be!

-Christian

one of us even implied to our waitress that she was a stripper

:tonofbricks:

:censored: Yeah I wonder who that was..

But Chris..you're more than welcome to come and hang out with us boardies. Olive Garden sounds like a plan. Friday Night?

I got two books that I want to get signed at Mega-Con, but with all the new changes, to who do I send my books to so they can give them to the CGC people in charge of the SS? Any recommendations? The con is coming soon and I do not want my books without sigs :(