• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Help grade a X-Men 40

7 posts in this topic

I have a X-men 40 that I'm considering sending in. I'm thinking it's about an 8.5. The pages are about and Owl 6-7. The only defect that I can see that does not show up in the scan is a slight dent in Frankenstein's knee close to the spine.

x40.JPG

You've got a little impact with probably a tiny 1/16" tear on the bottom edge, right under Frankie's foot. And I think the back cover is going to hurt you. There's a fair amount of spine wrinkling and a dust shadow across the top. Also looks like another light one on the spine edge. You could get an 7.5 - 8.0 out of it, depending on how CGC regards dust shadows.

Nice book though. Better than any early X-Men I have. thumbsup2.gif

i think you're pretty close. i'd guess around 8.0.

only a couple of slight spine creases, a couple of soft corners and what looks like some marvel prechipping on the lower front edge. the back shows a goodly amount of soiling and some waviness to the edge, but all-in-all very nice. that top overflash on the front is in remarkably good shape.

i'm not a big fan of grey covers - they just don't jump out at me.

good luck with it. 893crossfingers-thumb.gif

Don't send it in!!!!

There appears to be too many waves / ripples to get in the 9.0 range. I myself would give it a 7.5-8.0 and:

you will probably get the DREADED CREAM TO OFF-WHITE page quality, which would lower the sale value by 10-20%.

Even if you got an 8.5, market value is around $50. You will spend $30 to find that out.

Sell it raw as a VF (or even VF+)