• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

POWERS question

12 posts in this topic

I recently read the 1st three POWERS TPB's and enjoyed them. I thought they got progressively better. I was thinking of picking up some of the new Powers stuff, but haven't heard any buzz... anyone have an opinion as to how they compare?

I have had Powers on my subscription pull for a long time now, and I think that it is one of the best books out there. With that said, I think that the first couple of story arcs are the best of the run so far. The new issues are very good in comparison to everything else out there, but those early stories are what got me hooked. It is one of the few books that I really look forward to reading the next issue.

As I have stated (with agreements from 'House and Khaos), the best part of this book is the letters page. Even when the book hit its low point a few months back (monkey's gettin it on and cavemen with superpowers) I still picked it up just to read those last few pages. If you read the Powers TPB then you really missed out on some funny stuff by not getting to see the letter page.

I have had Powers on my subscription pull for a long time now, and I think that it is one of the best books out there. With that said, I think that the first couple of story arcs are the best of the run so far. The new issues are very good in comparison to everything else out there, but those early stories are what got me hooked. It is one of the few books that I really look forward to reading the next issue.

As I have stated (with agreements from 'House and Khaos), the best part of this book is the letters page. Even when the book hit its low point a few months back (monkey's gettin it on and cavemen with superpowers) I still picked it up just to read those last few pages. If you read the Powers TPB then you really missed out on some funny stuff by not getting to see the letter page.

Ooo, that's true... I was going to recommend just picking up the TPB of the last arc; but if you haven't ever read a Powers letter page, you haven't lived, my friend!

And as of this issue I'm finally enjoying this rather unusual little storyline... thumbsup2.gif

I read the first TPB and didn't like it. It was the only time I have ever taken my LCS up on their "if you don't like a TPB then bring it back for a refund" offer. I read everything BMB writes except Powers. Not sure what's up with that.....

Powers is awesome! I haven't had a chance to read the latest story arcs since I stopped going to my LCS around issue #18? 893scratchchin-thumb.gif I have all of the TPBs and all of the issues up to that point in time and love them to death. Michael Oeming was also nice enough to draw me a sketch of Retro Girl on my spare copy of issue #11 wink.gif

[ you really missed out on some funny stuff by not getting to see the letter page.

agree. but no letter page in this issue. the number of comic pages run till the back cover... shocked.gif

And that, my friends, was one of the greatest moments in modern comics. thumbsup2.gif893applaud-thumb.gifwink.gif