• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

PGM Avengers #1

21 posts in this topic

Hey all,

Pretty clean cover, bit of chipping on bottom. Top right corner bit rounded, actually looks worse in the picture than in hand.

Back cover some creasing, barely goes thru to back page. No tears, although I thought for sure there would be one.

Spine-mostly just the green part lost some color.

CGC it? Press it first? Put it in the vault for a year until the movie comes round?

Thanks!

CCF12212009_00001.jpg

CCF12212009_00004.jpg

P1010297.jpg

Nice looking copy. (thumbs u

I don't think pressing will correct the flaws to the BC, in fact, I think it would only have a deleterious effect on the book as a whole :grin:

:gossip: OO? or who did you buy it from? Not on eBay I hope . . . hm

joeypost - could you chime in and set these "opinions" on pressing straight? TIA :)

What's that supposed to mean?

Exactly what it says - I'm asking a professional presser to give his opinion on what pressing can and cannot do to the flaws on the BC of this book. :)

Thanks for the input. I'm guessing Matt is from Classics Inc.? Some further info on the back cover. After some closer inspection, its appears most of the problems are indentations and not hard creases. I am going to send it in and have it looked at for possible pressing and then forward it to CGC. I will let you all know the outcome. Thanks and keep the feedback coming, its a great learning tool for me.