• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

captain america reintoduced - avengers #4 - thoughts?

23 posts in this topic

Call for the notes. Maybe it's all the wrinkling on the back cover (very hard to tell the severity of defect from a scan).

i called and they put me thru to steve borock. he was very friendly and helpful.

all three graders agreed on a 6.0. their notes picked up on the non color breaking creases and impact marks on the back cover by the shoes that rob react was the forst to notice. they also mentioned non color breaking impact creases on the front cover. (they're there, but so small, so few and so virtually invisible that i'm amazed that the book could have been as hammered as it was).

oh well, i'm not gonna cry over this one - just chalk it up as another lesson learned and look harder the next time. BUT, i gotta tell ya - i'm holding this book as i write this and still cannot believe that it wasn't at least an 8.0. the worst is the back cover and that's not all that bad either.........

steve mentioned that the PQ of off-white is pretty good for this particular book (i think he was just trying to ease my pain................) smirk.gif

steve mentioned that the PQ of off-white is pretty good for this particular book (i think he was just trying to ease my pain................)

Not at all, most of these books have Cream to Off-White, even when the front cover looks fairly white.

I did mention that there were, a stress lines in the white areas. I could tell because if you look at the back cover and see the black line, there a "flecks" in several places. I was almost impossible to see if those stress lines came around to the front cover (apparently the did).

Still, that is a beautiful FN 6.0, and would probably command a premium.

steve mentioned that the PQ of off-white is pretty good for this particular book (i think he was just trying to ease my pain................)

Not at all, most of these books have Cream to Off-White, even when the front cover looks fairly white.

I did mention that there were, a stress lines in the white areas. I could tell because if you look at the back cover and see the black line, there a "flecks" in several places. I was almost impossible to see if those stress lines came around to the front cover (apparently the did).

Still, that is a beautiful FN 6.0, and would probably command a premium.

hey, i'm waiting for a flood of offers from the "clean/press/resub" crowd on this one............. grin.gif