• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

What will be the next New Mutant`s #98 or Showcase #22 for 2010?

51 posts in this topic

We had two big breakout books/characters for 2009. Green Lantern and Deadpool.

Who will be the next big breakout like them for 2010? I say none as they were both the perfect storm and blossomed at the right time. any thoughts for 2010? enlighten us. hm

Well, a Key takes awhile to mature in the hobby, NM 98 arrived in 09, but it has been stewing for awhile and finally broke through. Now, there will be another Key, but it won't be for awhile now, as the hobby itself decides "what" will be next, and they just don't surface every year. While Conan 275 is popular, it's not reached Key status, however, if the new Conan movie sparks the Conan run, then I see 275 as gaining more momentum in the future and moving up the ranks into possible Keydom-Peace and Happy Holidays CC.

Although not from the big two, there is a character with a strong fan base. And now that I have had a chance to read most of the TPBs, I can see why.

Goon by Eric Powell is just incredible. Let that movie finally come out with two great actors (Clancy Brown, Paul Giamatta), and you have a powerhouse of a franchise on your hand.

Great artwork and great storytelling to boot!

Although not from the big two, there is a character with a strong fan base. And now that I have had a chance to read most of the TPBs, I can see why.

Goon by Eric Powell is just incredible. Let that movie finally come out with two great actors (Clancy Brown, Paul Giamatta), and you have a powerhouse of a franchise on your hand.

Great artwork and great storytelling to boot!

doh! Why didn't I think of Goon?

Well, a Key takes awhile to mature in the hobby, NM 98 arrived in 09, but it has been stewing for awhile and finally broke through. Now, there will be another Key, but it won't be for awhile now, as the hobby itself decides "what" will be next, and they just don't surface every year. While Conan 275 is popular, it's not reached Key status, however, if the new Conan movie sparks the Conan run, then I see 275 as gaining more momentum in the future and moving up the ranks into possible Keydom-Peace and Happy Holidays CC.

#275? What about #1?!

#275? What about #1?!

I belive #275 is the last issue of that series.

:wishluck: