• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Should I report this guy to the Probation Thread?

167 posts in this topic

i can see how this would make you kinda mad dude...i mean if writing or date stamps were a No-No to me it would be the 1st thing i ask if the book had any before i say i'll take it...sounds like a cop out to me...

but then again no blood no foul...but i would 100% never sell to him again but no need for the probation list

Karma--you may be right!! I think the potential buyer was Harley's cousin.

Know what im sayin...

Hey Arch this would make a great custom title for Trippy

DEFINITELY does not deserve it.

And people have backed out on my deals......it happens......you just gotta let it go.

I think if you are spending alot of money and like mentioned before you had pet peevs about stuff on a book you would ask all your questions upfront. If you say your taking it then do so. Why go through all the dancing then? All foerplay here.

what would Harley Yee do?

The buyer would have no problem going through with the deal because he would know he could return it and get his money back.

He probably wouldn't sell a book that he doesn't even have in hand that could get lost on the way back from CGC either.

The potential Buyer submitted an offer based on the info given and that offer was accepted. If he had any worries about what was on the back cover he should have asked for a scan before submitting an offer. Once he submitted the offer he pretty much agreed to buy the book based on the info given.

I seriously doubt that the main reason the buyer wants to back out of the deal is simply because there is a date and a number written on the back cover considering there are rusty staples with migration and writing on the front cover.

Out the buyer :sumo:

r1970 pic was posted....the pic they sent me from CGC

so the book is CGC graded??? if the buyer knew the grade and you accepted an offer,its a done deal... all sales on cgc graded books are final in my eyes... and yea,i know..im sure someone will chime in..BUY THE BOOK ,NOT THE LABEL..a slabbed book is a slabbed book,and your paying for the label.

Since when did writing become a defect that MUST be disclosed? If you are selling a book and call it a VG, and someone says :takeit: without requesting a back cover scan, I'm sorry but it's on them. If the writing on the back is in line with the grade, I don't understand why it necessarily must be disclosed. Plenty of books get sold on the boards without back cover scans, simply based on the trust of the seller's grade. So what if someone "doesn't like" his books with creases on the back? How about small stains? Does he get to back out of the deal upon learning that these defects exist? As long as the grade is still accurate, I'm with the OP, this is a lame way of doing business and the buyer squirmed his way out of this one. :sumo:

EDIT: Of course, if the buyer is nice about it and apologizes, I don't think it's the end of the world to just forget about the deal and move on :whee:

I thought were were all obligated to a higher standard, and if someone wanted to return a book because they were not happy with it we were supposed to take it back.

Wasn't there a discussion on this recently?

I thought were were all obligated to a higher standard, and if someone wanted to return a book because they were not happy with it we were supposed to take it back.

Wasn't there a discussion on this recently?

I think that is 100% correct...or at least it should be.

If the book had been mine, I would have either posted a back cover scan or made full disclosure of the defect. It is simply best practice.

for what it's worth, the writing on the back is very different than the check mark type writing on the front. the check mark is something done at the newstand and who the heck knows when the stuff on the back was put on there.

OTOH, this is all wrapped up in the cgc 4.5 grade, which is presumably what the agreed upon price was based on.

The potential Buyer submitted an offer based on the info given and that offer was accepted. If he had any worries about what was on the back cover he should have asked for a scan before submitting an offer. Once he submitted the offer he pretty much agreed to buy the book based on the info given.

I seriously doubt that the main reason the buyer wants to back out of the deal is simply because there is a date and a number written on the back cover considering there are rusty staples with migration and writing on the front cover.

Out the buyer :sumo:

Here is the post I would have written, had someone else not done it for me. (thumbs u