• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

2009 SIGGY AWARD WINNERS ARE...

71 posts in this topic

Best Commission of the Year

and the Siggy goes to...

BILL DINH AMAZING SPIDER-MAN #36

seriously...have you seen this book, if not please take a look...

(someday he is going to need a good art rep... hm)

One of the best forum members and a great new artist on the scene, we tip our hats to Mr. Dinh aka BILLY THE KID!

Does this count as an early birthday present, Bill?

Most Valueable Witness of the Year

SHHHHHHHAAAARRRROOOOON!!!!

if you have heard this at a convention, you already know who won...

The volume these guys do makes them look like the Wal-Mart of the Signature Program! At SDCC they had what could only be described as a small nation helping them out and were seen everywhere.

2 of the absolute nicest people you will ever meet and 2 people that I am proud to call friends...

I think without a doubt they are deserving of this award. The amount of exposure they bring to SS backs that up!

And the Siggy Award goes to...

Desertwind Comics

Congrats!

(Running up on stage and tap tap tap) ... is the mic on?

(suddenly getting shoved aside by Sharon)

I would like to accept this award on behalf of myself, Chander, and everyone who has been a member of Team DWC for 2009. We love what we do here at Desert Wind Comics and as I have said too many times before, we do it for love of the hobby. And although you awarded us this honor, we all know it actually goes out to every one of the independent CGC signature witnesses. I would like to believe we work as a unit and without the help and support of many of you, Chandler and I could not do the volume we do. I thank each and every one of you that has seen me buried in books at a Con and stop to ask if you could help. To those of you that have held my place in line as I dashed about. To those of you who call us up and said you are going to some signing somewhere and would we like to send some book. To the staff of CGC that help us straighten out all those oversights and problems. To yes, even to a few of you that at times have 'ticked' us off for whatever reason 'cause it only makes us work harder. And lastly to our customers (of whom many are witnesses) for their patience and understanding. There are way too many of you to name by name (I have to get back to logging in new books) but I have to thank Joel, Kris, Kevin, and Paul who never fail to amaze us with their support.

Sharon and Chandler Rice

Desert Wind Comics

Congratulations to the winners. All the hard work and great books are really amazing to think about and behold. Kudos to Kevin, Paul and all the witnesses for helping to grow what, for me, is the most fun and most rewarding part of collecting - getting sigs and sketches from the best creators in the business. Thanks to you all, and let's have an even better 2010!!

Best Book of the Year

and the Siggy goes to...

MARVEL COMICS PRESENTS #72

Signed by Barry Windsor Smith and Hugh Jackman

Owned by and witnesses by MutantKeys

A fantastic book with just 1 signature by either the great BWS (whom we all love!) or Hugh Jackman (again, whom we would all like to have!)

Thanks to all for voting for the current SS Jewel in my collection. I'd also like to give thanks to all those witnesses who have helped to make me and the SS program even better than last year. And last but not least, all of you customers... we couldn't do it without you!

:taptaptap: