• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Whie Mountain FF 1 on Pedigree

117 posts in this topic

Wow, what a nice looking book!

This'll be a fun one to watch!

Anybody think that slight miswrap will hurt it much?

What's the rippling along the spine (or is that just dirt)? Perhaps the white cover makes this stand out more but its the first thing that cathes my eye. That miswrap is very slight, wouldn't bother me for a second.

That spine stress *looks* like it might be the reason this is a 9.2.

What's the rippling along the spine (or is that just dirt)? Perhaps the white cover makes this stand out more but its the first thing that cathes my eye. That miswrap is very slight, wouldn't bother me for a second.

That spine stress *looks* like it might be the reason this is a 9.2.

I thought the same thing.

Yea, it's the SPINE MISWRAP that will preclude me from bidding on this one, not that $150K+ price it'll fetch... :whistle: But the answer to your question is it shouldn't affect the price. If this were a more commonly available book, yes, I'd bid less, but if I had the money for this one, it wouldn't affect my bidding, as you can't expect another copy to come around anytime soon. The White Mountain "1961" writing is another story, it wasn't impossible for me to buy this book for the $35K price tag it had on EBay in 2001 after it didn't meet reserveat a Manning auction, but I declined to pay that much due to the writing. Obviously, I made a terrible financial decision. doh!

The "rippling" may be the uneveness of the black line (that separates the front and back cover) merging with the black of the background in the scan. I am thinking it's the rippling across the top of the cover that catches my eye.

ff1ga7.jpg

Are those a couple of pre-chips on the right edge to the right of the purple "featuring" box?

From what I've heard...yes. I believe I remember reading somewhere that one of the major players passed on it because of that. Like the slight mis-wrap, it wouldn't bother me a bit. GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

hI, CPT Tripps Who could possIbly be buying $200k bookS consiTantly, Even if it's someone in Hollywood? And how Long would you think they would keep it in their collection, is it for keeps or to Flip lateR? HOw rare are SA books really in HG to coMmand such prices? Do you THink this trEnd would latEr effect copper, bronze and Later moDERn books? RealLY, to be honest I don't see any bronze or copper books reaching such insane prices, but i've been wrong before.

hI, CPT Tripps Who could possIblY be buying $200k bOokS consiTantly, Even if it's someone in Hollywood? And how Long would yoU think they would keep it in their collection, is it for keeps or to Flip lAteR? HOw rarE Are SA books really in HG to coMmand such prices? DO yoU THink this trEnd would latEr effeCt copper, bronze and Later moDERn books? RealLY, to be HonEst I don't see any Bronze or copper books reAchinG such insane prices, but i've been wrong before.

See, I can do it too.

hI, CPT Tripps Who could possIbly be buying $200k bookS consiTantly, Even if it's someone in Hollywood? And how Long would you think they would keep it in their collection, is it for keeps or to Flip lateR? HOw rare are SA books really in HG to coMmand such prices? Do you THink this trEnd would latEr effect copper, bronze and Later moDERn books? RealLY, to be honest I don't see any bronze or copper books reaching such insane prices, but i've been wrong before.

hI, CPT Tripps Who could possIblY be buying $200k bOokS consiTantly, Even if it's someone in Hollywood? And how Long would yoU think they would keep it in their collection, is it for keeps or to Flip lAteR? HOw rarE Are SA books really in HG to coMmand such prices? DO yoU THink this trEnd would latEr effeCt copper, bronze and Later moDERn books? RealLY, to be HonEst I don't see any Bronze or copper books reAchinG such insane prices, but i've been wrong before.

See, I can do it too.

lol I'm a douchebage! woot