• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Whie Mountain FF 1 on Pedigree

117 posts in this topic

Im gonna say 165K. there hasnt bee as nice a copy in many a moon. and now that 9.4s for XMen and TOS have passed 120K, as well as 9.2 for Hulk1, I think, given the still pretty bare FF1 census, pent up demand will propel wait listed buyers to go that extra 50K to lock it down.

At last it surfaces....in the Grand Auction @ www.pedigreecomics.com CGC 9.2.....I'll go out on a limb and say 240K hammer....GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

Depends on how well they get the word out but I think FF1 is a book with lots of room to move up in value. They are household names, now, and while the films have not been as good as spiderman, iron man or batman, neither was the latest superman film and FF is a good enough franchise that somebody will get it right eventually.

in the meantime, FF1 itself is becoming more and more well known as the beginning of the "Marvel age" of comics (and lots of people equate Marvel age with Silver age).

FF 1 was, in the public's eye, the big game-changer of comics.

It led directly to comics being more for intelligent readers, heroes with flaws, and directly as well as indirectly to the dominance of comics in the media today

In that way it's seen as hugely significant the way Action 1 was significant (even if you prefer Batman or others to Superman).

The main reason I mentioned such a high figure for the book is difficulty of obtaining it in anything above 8.5. There hasn't been a significant copy ay auction to my knowledge since the Parrino auction in 2002, where the 9.4 went for 110K. It's hard to consider the Brulato / Schmell transaction, as that was more along the lines of two close associates shuffling the deck. Since then at least 2 deep pocket buyers have been tangling over all the scarce, choice material. If the "AUTHOR" and the "ENTERTAINER" decide to stroke it out on this rare oppurtunity....who knows ? GOD BLESS....

The main reason I mentioned such a high figure for the book is difficulty of obtaining it in anything above 8.5. There hasn't been a significant copy ay auction to my knowledge since the Parrino auction in 2002, where the 9.4 went for 110K. It's hard to consider the Brulato / Schmell transaction, as that was more along the lines of two close associates shuffling the deck. Since then at least 2 deep pocket buyers have been tangling over all the scarce, choice material. If the "AUTHOR" and the "ENTERTAINER" decide to stroke it out on this rare oppurtunity....who knows ? GOD BLESS....

I must be sorely out of the loop, I have no idea what you just said.

I read that as NOBODY takes it home. or it goes back to its current home.

Could be.

But I figure if a 9.2 AF #15 sells for $190k last year, and FF #1 is a tougher book to find in 9.0 or better, and there are two or three deep-pocketed guys slugging it for high grade Marvels, and it's the White Mountain, and the last killer copy of this book sold in 2002, I wouldn't be surprised if somebody was willing to drop 200k for one of best existing copies of the book that launched the Marvel Age of Comics.

Of course, I could be wrong too.