• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Overrated Character - but others don't agree with you

160 posts in this topic

slow day today :devil:

Gambit is on top of my list

I will never get it. His introduction was near the end of my X-men collecting days. I really didn't care for him back then and even today, I don't get the fascination of many people with this character. When the fanboys were lobbying him to be in the 3rd X-men movie, I thought it was stupid and then when the studio squeezed him in the Wolverine movie, I hate him even more. Not that it makes the movie any worse or better, it was just plain stupid in my opinion.

What are yours?

Punisher, Wolverine, Deadpool and Cable.
Punisher has a stupid costume and probably shouldn't interact with spandex superheroes, but the character has potential. He could have been the perfect blend of Falling Down, Death Wish, and Rambo.

What he said.

yup Deadpool is right behind Gambit for me. One of many reasons, i didn't shell out the money to go see that movie. Gambit and Deadpool in the same movie? wow, overkill of stupidness for me.

Punisher has a stupid costume and probably shouldn't interact with spandex superheroes, but the character has potential. He could have been the perfect blend of Falling Down, Death Wish, and Rambo.

Read the Ennis Punisher before you label the character overrated. (thumbs u

slow day today :devil:

Gambit is on top of my list

I will never get it. His introduction was near the end of my X-men collecting days. I really didn't care for him back then and even today, I don't get the fascination of many people with this character. When the fanboys were lobbying him to be in the 3rd X-men movie, I thought it was stupid and then when the studio squeezed him in the Wolverine movie, I hate him even more. Not that it makes the movie any worse or better, it was just plain stupid in my opinion.

What are yours?

Really? That was near the end of my xmen reading days as well but I fell in love with the character. He was all mysterious and un-hero like. Plus, I loved that he could go toe to toe with Wolverine and not break a sweat. He was devious and I dug that. Probably why I dig Batman too. Don't like boyscout superheroes.

Overrated for me would be Deadpool. Not sure how he became so popular.

Read the Ennis Punisher before you label the character overrated. (thumbs u

The Ennis Max series and The End Limited Edition are awsome reads.

Even if your not a punisher fan, I think most people would enjoy all of these stories.