• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Your Book of the Decade

40 posts in this topic

Y The Last Man picked up the first tpb because I heard so much about it and I love it. Got all the other trades as well.

Goon. I started reading this when Darkhorse picked it up. Great series. Lots of laughs.

Jonah Hex. love the character. Started with the first issue and just read issue 50 yesterday.

and my favorite stand alone story in Whatever Happened to the Caped Crusader? I also love anything written by Neil Gaiman.

Wolverine

Enemy of the State, Agent of Shield, and Old Man Logan

Millar does Wolverine right no bones about it. Ill be back to the Old Man Logan universe whenever he wants. Its basically Wanted in the Marvel Universe.

Invincible

Super hero teen with real life issues and a dad with even more issues. Spidey back in the 60s. Love it

Walking Dead

Kirkman at his finest. Personally I find it depressing after I read several issues, but man I cant fault his writing. Brillant. Cant wait for Show

Winnick's Exiles Run

Love the time hopping alternate reality show. Really loved his take on the Inhumans. Very skilled writer

Wanted

The Super Villains have won now what do we do next? The book rocked and the movie sucked . Only adult content book I have ever liked.

JSA

Geoff Johns has a masterpiece here. His first run was utter brillance that many never read. I miss now that he has left.

I think my book of the decade has to be All-Star Superman.

It was the only Superman book I read and I loved it,and that's very hard to do since I don't like reading Superman books.

That was the book(s) that first popped into my mind....I got them in hardcover and love 'em. All-Star Batman looks decent too....but I'm waiting for the hard cover. I also enjoyed Ultimate Fantastic Four, even though it skewed everything I knew about the group. Any of the Bendis Avengers stuff was also phenominal. GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

For me these have been my favorite books of the decade:

Walking Dead

Goon

Conan (DH)

100 Bullets

Y the Last Man

Fables

DMZ

Scalped

Northlanders

Proof

Ex Machina

Invincible

Transmetropolitan

Planetary

As for Series that were not initially published but i first READ (and consequently are some of my favorite series EVER) during this Decade are:

Preacher

Lone Wolf & Cub

Spawn

Sandman

Favorite Original Work: Acme Novelty Library (and/or Jimmy Corrigan, The Smartest Kid on Earth) by Chris Ware

Favorite Reprint Work: I Shall Destroy All The Civilized Planets (Fletcher Hanks reprints) by Paul Karacik

Favorite Historical Work: Jack Cole and Plastic Man by Spiegelman and Kidd