• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Wife died, entire collection must go!!!

8 posts in this topic

Actually no, she didnt die but how could i resist imitating one of our favorite b.s. ebay sellers. Most of these books are forum only for sale and offers will definately be considered as well as trade. All are moderns, mostly 9.6's but a few 9.8s. I accept only paypal or money orders. Will ship to Canada brothers. Thanks, take it easy on me, first time i've sold through forum though some of you may know me from ebay:

All of these listed below are CGC 9.6 with white pages, cherry picked by me so not sure why 9.6 (I wouldnt have sent them in if i thought the wouldnt get 9.8) but you guys know how they are with ultra moderns:

X-statix 1 X-force 120 (wolverine appearance)

X-force 115 Uncanny X-men 399x2

X-force 116x4 Amazing spiderman 280

x-force 118

Misc graded:

Amazing Spider-man 280 cgc 9.2 ow/w

GI Joe v1 25 ow/w first zartan

X-factor 60 cgc 9.4 w (x-tinction agenda)

Wolverine 50 w (pre-origin)

CGC 9.8's!!!!!!!

GI Joe v1 #2 ow

Spectacular Spider-man 129 ow/w

Possible trades considered for any of these and especially these:

Hulk 324 w (2nd grey hulk)!!!! I believe this is the only 9.8

if nothing shows up with this one, it hits ebay

Amazing Spider-man 294 cgc 9.8 (just testing the waters with this one)

UNGRADED:

9 VF/NM copies of Spec Spidey 131 purchased from notorious internet comic store sold as suppossed NM/MT copies. Some may be VF- but not below that but I do not believe more than 1 is NM/NM+ but none are CGC 9.8 quality so dont bother shooting for that number

What Im really looking for:

ALL moderns with white pages and 9.8 graded:

Spec Spidey 123,127 (none rigth now in that grade) and 133

Amazing Spider-man 201,278-289,290,291

X-men 129 white pages

I have some other killer 9.8s i might consider trading including a GIJoe 21 9.6 ow/w pages. Hit me up

Also comic related:

for the hardcore out there a never played but opened limited edition VENON sega genesis video game complete with box, instructions, limited edition red cartridge, and brown hardcover spidey book only available with this video game. Not sure if new story or if it reprints another one. I would say outter box (cardboard not cartridge box, thats perfect) in strict NM condition and book is perfect.

sorry forgot: PM with offers if ya want any

http://cgi.aol.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=3172055217&category=755

edit: link added to actual action my caption is making fun of for those who think me a [!@#%^&^] troll grin.gif

shocked.gif That was a little too far for comic sales Havok...

my stomach started to sink when I read the title, gullible sap that I am.

Now I know how my Life Insurance Agent felt when I met him in a convenience store late one night a few years ago. I looked pretty beat I'm sure. He saw me and asked how i was doing. Deadpan, I said... "not good, my Wife died... I was gonna call you tomorrow". He stopped cold and his face turned red. He did not seem to hear me when i said "just kidding" and stood there motionless while i walked out with my late night munchies. I guess i was too convincing.

sorry, thought you guys would catch the joke. I thought i saw thread in main comic forum talking about this guy. He's always posting under the action figure and baseball cards on ebay. Uses this lame post to make people think they are getting a deal. Just poking fun, my wife was cool with it and thought it would be funny too. Sorry if it offends anyone but i figured after being in the ebay trenches, nothing much would surprise ya. I can always repost and just say, "Speculator 9.6 comic collection gotta go" hows that? 893scratchchin-thumb.giftonofbricks.gif

No biggie Havok... I just belived it at first notice.

I think supa was talking to me, not you. As mentioned, I did the same thing once, thinking (not thinking) it was a harmless joke and shocked the bejesus out of my insurance agent.

Saw the link.. but never saw the thread talking about the ebay seller with the Husband that passed on.

Good luck... I'll take that 9.8 XF 116 grin.gif