• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Emerald City Comicon March 13-14, 2010 Seattle, WA

102 posts in this topic

I've only been once before (2 years ago), but it was an amazing show and my wife and I can't wait to go back this year! It will be incredible to finally meet Stan Lee and I'm looking forward to finally getting to see Chandler and Sharon and JJ in person too! (thumbs u

My kids have Spring Break starting this weekend and I have relatives in Bremerton so looks like we're all going to make the con!

I'm thinking outside the box for lodging and I'm probably going to get a vacation rental (house) for a week. May have extra room if anyone's needing a place to crash!

Just a quick plug - Chandler & Sharon have been great to work with and I've submitted lots of books through them! I'd highly recommend it! (thumbs u

I've used DW as well, and everything's always been hunky-dory - I'm just curious as to why Desert Wind seem to be the only ones accepting submissions for any upcoming shows ...

I am going to work with my artists, therefore I am not taking subs to the show. I don't believe anyone else is either at this time and has been said everywhere lately...

new rules for the SS program and witnesses, everything for the general public should be normal...

all I can say until CGC makes a formal announcement on this topic

In regards to what Jon was saying, until CGC makes a formal announcement about the changes, most of the people who handled submissions in the past are waiting for the announcement to be made. I can say that DWC has been authorized by CGC to accept submissions for this show. Although there will be changes in the Signature Series program, you can rest assured that DWC will continue to work closely with CGC as we have in the past and will do our best to get your submissions signed and graded as usual. I hope that helps to clarify things.

Chandler & Sharon Rice

Desert Wind Comics

Ok folks. The word is tickets for the Stan Lee signing will go on sale Friday, February 5th at noon on the con website. Please note that the sooner you purchase your tickets the closer to the front on the line you will be. If you wait until the last minute to purchase your tickets then you will towards the end of the signing. So I would highly recommend you get your tickets early.

Chandler & Sharon Rice

Desert Wind Comics

Ok folks. The word is tickets for the Stan Lee signing will go on sale Friday, February 5th at noon on the con website. Please note that the sooner you purchase your tickets the closer to the front on the line you will be. If you wait until the last minute to purchase your tickets then you will towards the end of the signing. So I would highly recommend you get your tickets early.

Chandler & Sharon Rice

Desert Wind Comics

Thanks for the Heads up Chandler (thumbs u

:news: :news: :news:

The deadline for submissions for the Stan Lee Private signing is March 3rd. So make sure you get your submissions in. Remember if you are attending the ECCC and you plan to get items signed at the public signing you must have prepurchased your ticket from the ECCC website and you are limited to no more then 3 items. So if you want more signed then you will need to submit to DWC. Stan will be at the ECCC for Saturday ONLY! :o

Chandler & Sharon Rice

Desert Wind Comics

:news: :news: :news:

The deadline for submissions for the Stan Lee Private signing is March 3rd. So make sure you get your submissions in. Remember if you are attending the ECCC and you plan to get items signed at the public signing you must have prepurchased your ticket from the ECCC website and you are limited to no more then 3 items. So if you want more signed then you will need to submit to DWC. Stan will be at the ECCC for Saturday ONLY! :o

Chandler & Sharon Rice

Desert Wind Comics

with new ss rules, you won't be able to get these graded with the ss label unless an cgc employee is present at time of signing. :gossip:

Highlights include our first ever Cup O' Joe with Marvel EIC Joe Quesada, a fantastic Green Lantern panel with Geoff Johns and crew, a live art tutorial (barring technical difficulties) by Brian Haberlin and Todd McFarlane and much, much more!

I didn't see his name on the guest list but would be great to have a chance to get a few signatures from Todd.

John