• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Emerald City Comicon March 13-14, 2010 Seattle, WA

102 posts in this topic

I expect it to be a zoo there due to the hype over Leonard Nimoy being in the building. Nice central city 1/2 way between Vancouver, BC and Portland, OR. In 2009, it was controlled chaos as about 1,200 ppl were lined up at 9:30 a.m. trying to get in on Sat. 10:00 a.m. grand opening. :devil:

I'm going to the show as well, and hope to bring another witness with me. Jim Demonakos puts on a great show that has the loyalty of his guest list and a great fan turnout. Saturday will be INSANE, and Sunday has typically been a little calmer. Leonard Nimoy will definitely "raise the game" and knowing Jim, I'm sure he's not done yet. In my opinion, once Sunday is as insane as Saturday, he might consider adding a 3rd day. But yeah, if you can make this show, come on up to Seattle!

innoc,

The line ups for artists or inkers are reasonably short compared to Wondercon or SDCC for middle of the road artists. Get there early Sat. though. Line ups for local fave artists like Mignola or Johnny, the Homicidal Maniac's artist are over 40 ppl long.

Desert Wind Comics will be in Seattle for the con. And we will be with some special friends of ours as well. meh

We have information up on our website for anyone who can't make it to the show and would like to submit books to us to get signed at the show. We had a blast last year and are really looking forward to having a great show this year.

Chandler & Sharon Rice

Desert Wind Comics

Joel, how are the crowds with the artists? If I try to make it up for some sketches, will it be tool crazy to get more than a few?

I agree with aardvark88. Because of the sheer number of guests, the fans spread out so the individual lines are *typically* not as long as other big regional shows. That said, the fan favorites will have LONG lines, especially on Saturday.

The key with sketches is to pick your 1 or 2 "must-have" artists and hit them first on Saturday morning, especially if they take commission lists that will fill up or hand out fastpasses, like Tim Sale. Then walk around, start to get sketches from the mid-range artists, and on Sunday morning, pick an artist that had a long line from Saturday, and be early in line for that artist on Sunday. (Some artists, like Ramos, don't take a list, so you have to wait to get your sketch)

Interestingly enough, two of the biggest lines I saw in Seattle last year were for Bendis and Brubaker. While they're not sketching (tho' they like to, I think) they worked on so many books and love to chat with the fans, that they are definitely fan favorites. Barry Kitson had a steady line all weekend, and I believe he does great sketches for the first X people every day. (I don't remember the number, is it 5?)

Looking forward to seeing everyone, I will be with Doug Mahnke and Pat Gleason at the show assisting, stop by and say hi!

Doug will be taking commissions on a limited basis (head sketches), first come, first served...

And ECCC has been 1st rate to work with, just awesome people!

JJ

Looking forward to seeing everyone, I will be with Doug Mahnke and Pat Gleason at the show assisting, stop by and say hi!

Doug will be taking commissions on a limited basis (head sketches), first come, first served...

And ECCC has been 1st rate to work with, just awesome people!

JJ

PM coming ;)

Will CGC be set-up there?

Don't think Cgc is scheduled to grade on site in Seattle, WA (still too small?) but Stv B does visit that con every year to pow-wow with his dealer pals and unsavory collector-types from Canada: greggy. lol