• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

New site to register and search for stolen comic books about to be launched

30 posts in this topic

I have been working on a website for the past month that is about to be launched. The site is www.stolencomic.com and it will be free. It is not up yet, but a post on the boards just prompted me to announce it earlier than planned.

It was inspired when I had a copy of Fantastic Four #49 stolen from me which I announced here last spring...and when I saw many other people having their books stolen.

It will be part of a larger site that will also include stolen coins and stolen stamps, etc.

Please feel free to email me scans or photos of any stolen comic books to info@itspilfered.com and I will have them on the site when it is launched,which should be within the week! Please include details of the theft, where you think it was stolen, and any identifying marks on the book, cgc barcode numbers, rust on the top staple, etc etc... that would help in identifying it.

Thanks!!!

sc.jpg

Will we be able to list stolen pulps on your site also? I posted detailed :( info about them under the GA forum in Nov/09.

YUP!! Even lost puppies!!! As long as they are "scannable" :)

Seriously though - I am really just focusing on collectibles - and starting with comic books

Will we be able to list stolen pulps on your site also? I posted detailed :( info about them under the GA forum in Nov/09.

YUP!! Even lost puppies!!! As long as they are "scannable" :)

Seriously though - I am really just focusing on collectibles - and starting with comic books

:roflmao: I'm glad you started your own website to help collectors find their stolen comic books (thumbs u

This will be an interesting site. I'm curious how many gems are out there waiting to be reunited. And also wondering if there are boardies that unknowingly own any books soon to be listed.

I wish I could list books that I sold for a song.....wishing I could have them back too.

I wonder how long before you getting sued by someone who claims that you're defaming their title? Best of luck.

what do you mean? what title am I defaming?

You're going to let people post pictures/descriptions/etc. about books they claim were stolen. Then some owner is going to see their book and get mad because you are decreasing the marketability of the book. Not saying it wasn't stolen originally, but you better be real sure. Think about how a seller's business would be hurt here if someone points out that the book is listed on the stolen book website.