• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Book collecting

158 posts in this topic

:devil:

I know there's the comic room thread, but does anyone have built in shelves they designed and built? Maybe a library? I'd love to see pictures. I'm planning to build shelves to cover a few walls in my basement, and some ideas would go a long way.

(shrug)

Go to "My Stuff" > "My Preference" and scroll down to "Total posts to show on one page when viewing a post in flat mode: (default is 10)".

You likely have it set higher than 10.

I have mine set to 10, so the wide bookcase photo disappeared less than 9 posts later... but then I had to wade through 3 pages of Tim's "OK" posts. Don't know which was worse. lol

Again, if anybody has a first signed edition of The Stand lying around that they wouldn't mind getting rid of, please let me know. I do have a true first edition of Seduction of the Innocent with the bibliography pages intact.

:devil:

I know there's the comic room thread, but does anyone have built in shelves they designed and built? Maybe a library? I'd love to see pictures. I'm planning to build shelves to cover a few walls in my basement, and some ideas would go a long way.

(shrug)

Was the shrug for me to actually go read the comic room thread? :shrug:

Nah. The shrug was just a wink about the fact that I do know about built-in shelves. But, in reality, I just got lucky as they were already installed when we bought the house.

Now all you have to do is to fill a shelf with those Arkham House beauties. I can barely afford a comic every now and then....but I do keep an eye out for Art books published by Paper Tiger or one of their other imprints. They were founded by Martin and Roger Dean who designed many a fine album jacket in the 70's...most notably for the band Yes. They published dozens of books dedicated to different Artists in the Sci-Fi and Fantasy genres. I just found another one at the used book store featuring Rodney Matthews. Old timers out there may remember his exceptional job for the "No Mean City" album cover for the group Nazareth. GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus)

P.S. They're not easy to find...but then I don't look on eBay....I just wait till one turns up at the store.

Go to "My Stuff" > "My Preference" and scroll down to "Total posts to show on one page when viewing a post in flat mode: (default is 10)".

You likely have it set higher than 10.

I have mine set to 10, so the wide bookcase photo disappeared less than 9 posts later... but then I had to wade through 3 pages of Tim's "OK" posts. Don't know which was worse. lol

My apologies, I genuinely thought it was just going to take a couple of posts to kick it over to a new page under my default setting. Clearly I miscalculated, but by that point it was too late, I couldn't turn back.

As penance, I will try to acquire at least one really nice ERB 1st state 1st edition w/ original dustjacket in 2010 and post it on the boards.

All Sue Grafton books, all signed.

A is for Awesome!

Ha Ha. Actually A is for Alibi (but you know that).

A tough book to get (without paying hundreds of dollars).

Sad part is that I have not read any of them. I used to read a lot but when my eyes went bad and I had to wear glasses to read, I just stopped reading (books that is).

I love to read on the internet but can't stand wearing glasses and reading books anymore. Strange I am (just ask my wife and kids). :)

Best book I have ever read? Uncle Tom's Cabin, by far.