• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently inherited a comic collection

65 posts in this topic

If your basements maintains low relative humidity, a basement is a great place to store comics - until a pipe bursts or the basement leaks during a rainstorm, both of which tend to occur without warning. Attics and garages are bad places to store comics too, for different reasons, but the point is that none of these three places are good places to store comics.

Basement seemed to work okay for that Edgar fellow. And the White Mountain dude. And the Western Pennsylvania guy. (shrug)

A basement in the Southern and coastal states is very different than a basement inland or up here in Canada.

I know that many of the homes I've been in throughout the US do not consider the basement a dwelling area. We do and they are more often than not well built, dry and comfortable.

In fact in our new home the basement is our master bedroom and office.

The kids own the upstairs.

I want a basement but here in Oklahoma its always just a tiny storm shelter.

I need to hire Mike Holmes and his crew to build me a proper basement...and do it RIGHT!!

If your basements maintains low relative humidity, a basement is a great place to store comics - until a pipe bursts or the basement leaks during a rainstorm, both of which tend to occur without warning. Attics and garages are bad places to store comics too, for different reasons, but the point is that none of these three places are good places to store comics.

Basement seemed to work okay for that Edgar fellow. And the White Mountain dude. And the Western Pennsylvania guy. (shrug)

A basement in the Southern and coastal states is very different than a basement inland or up here in Canada.

I know that many of the homes I've been in throughout the US do not consider the basement a dwelling area. We do and they are more often than not well built, dry and comfortable.

In fact in our new home the basement is our master bedroom and office.

The kids own the upstairs.

I want a basement but here in Oklahoma its always just a tiny storm shelter.

I need to hire Mike Holmes and his crew to build me a proper basement...and do it RIGHT!!

That's one of the things we found out when we visited my mom and stepdad in Midwest City, OK in late September. I was surprised to find out there were very few houses with basements in that area. But then I was told that due to the quality of the soil around there that's why there aren't very many of them.