• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

-EC Comics-SURVIVOR SERIES-Round 3

EC Comics-SURVIVOR SERIES-Round 2  

156 members have voted

1. 1. EC Comics-SURVIVOR SERIES-Round 2

21 posts in this topic

Welcome to Round 3 of the inaugural Survivor Series for EC comics! :whee:

We will be voting off our 20 least favorite covers from the list provided.

The goal is to determine the greatest EC cover of all time.

If you hover your mouse over the thumbnail picture, you can see the name and issue number of the comic. Click on the thumbnail if you wish to see the full-size scan.

The poll is at the bottom of this post.

This is an 8-round marathon. These rounds will last 2 days each. We'll vote off 24 in round 1, 20 in round 2, 20 in round 3, 10 in round 4, 5 in round 5, 2 in round 6, 1 in round 7, and then the final showdown to crown our champion. :acclaim:

I'll repeat once more, please vote for your least favorite covers here.

Lastly, after you vote, let's hear your thoughts on the contest. :popcorn:

Thanks everyone, now to the books.....

th_crimesuspenstories20.jpg th_crimesuspenstories22.jpg th_crimesuspenstories23-1.jpgth_hauntoffear14.jpg th_HauntofFear17.jpg th_hauntoffear19.jpg

th_incrediblesciencefiction33.jpg th_shocksuspenstories6.jpgth_shocksuspenstories7.jpgth_shocksuspenstories9.jpgth_shocksuspenstories12.jpg th_talesfromthecrypt31.jpg

th_talesfromthecrypt33.jpg th_talesfromthecrypt44.jpg th_talesfromthecrypt46.jpg th_twofistedtales30-1.jpg th_vaultofhorror15.jpg th_vaultofhorror16.jpg

th_vaultofhorror26.jpg th_vaultofhorror30.jpg th_vaultofhorror35.jpg th_vaultofhorror37-1.jpg th_weirdfantasy8.jpg th_weirdfantasy13.jpg

th_weirdfantasy14.jpg th_weirdfantasy15.jpg th_weirdfantasy17.jpg th_weirdfantasy20.jpg th_weirdfantasy21.jpg th_weirdscience1stseries14.jpg

th_weirdscience9.jpg th_weirdscience14.jpg th_weirdscience15.jpg th_weirdscience16.jpg th_weirdscience19.jpg th_weirdscience20.jpg

th_weirdsciencefantasy25.jpg th_weirdsciencefantasy27.jpg th_weirdsciencefantasy29.jpg th_weirdsciencefantasyannual1.jpg

Man, we're gettin' down to the nitty gritty now! I'm having to vote off covers I really like, my favourite covers are almost gone, and I STILL like most of the ones available... EC deserves its place in comics fandom... What a great publishing house, with some of the best artists of the time!

Half must go. :sumo:

I saw some folks talking last round about a Ghastly cover winning. Which Ghastly cover has the potential to win? ???

I saw some Wood covers there, and although beautifully drawn, I don't think we'll see one of his win it either.

Not a hard round for me, but many nice covers are getting voted off this round for sure.

Psst....next round is losing 10 of the 20 covers. :gossip:

Andy

I saw some folks talking last round about a Ghastly cover winning. Which Ghastly cover has the potential to win? ???

With Ingles, it's probably Haunt of Fear 17. That cover is a symphony of nothing.

It's kind of hard to describe. All of the volumes of the objects on that cover are defined by where they aren't. Ingles doesn't really outline a thing. He lets all of the blank spaces and how they're arranged next to each other fill in all the visual gaps. It's a brilliant use of "nothing".

With Ingles, it's probably Haunt of Fear 17. That cover is a symphony of nothing.

It's kind of hard to describe. All of the volumes of the objects on that cover are defined by where they aren't. Ingles doesn't really outline a thing. He lets all of the blank spaces and how they're arranged next to each other fill in all the visual gaps. It's a brilliant use of "nothing".

I've always loved the coloring on the Haunt of Fear #17 cover as much as the artwork itself. Graham Ingels colored it himself, as he did with almost all of his EC covers. The man was a brilliant artist.

I've always loved the coloring on the Haunt of Fear #17 cover as much as the artwork itself. Graham Ingels colored it himself, as he did with almost all of his EC covers. The man was a brilliant artist.

Yes he was.

Thanks man! (thumbs u

I didn't know Ingels colored his own work. I just assumed it got pushed through the production line.

He's just so dang good.

I buzzed through this, making some painful cuts, then counted up to see if I voted off too many... I had only done 10! This is a toughie!!

I can't see Ingles winning. Feldstein seems like a natural champ to me. Or Craig. Maybe that's because those two still have a lot of choices in my final 20!

Gaaah! This is hard!

just me saving time again.... starting in the upper left hand corner, reading the 4 covers clockwise, as 1,2,3 and 4, I listed them in the order I like them. Woulda probably been easier to take the time to type out the titles and iss#s after all.

or:

boat

hanging

decap

boring.

the coloring in the boat cover is amazing and fairly unique