• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

-EC Comics-SURVIVOR SERIES-Round 4

EC Comics-SURVIVOR SERIES-Round 4  

174 members have voted

1. 1. EC Comics-SURVIVOR SERIES-Round 4

40 posts in this topic

Welcome to Round 4 of the inaugural Survivor Series for EC comics! :whee:

Let's congratulate our top 20! :applause:

We will be voting off our 10 least favorite covers from the list provided.

The goal is to determine the greatest EC cover of all time.

If you hover your mouse over the thumbnail picture, you can see the name and issue number of the comic. Click on the thumbnail if you wish to see the full-size scan.

The poll is at the bottom of this post.

This is an 8-round marathon. These rounds will last 2 days each. We'll vote off 24 in round 1, 20 in round 2, 20 in round 3, 10 in round 4, 5 in round 5, 2 in round 6, 1 in round 7, and then the final showdown to crown our champion. :acclaim:

I'll repeat once more, please vote for your least favorite covers here.

Lastly, after you vote, let's hear your thoughts on the contest. :popcorn:

Thanks everyone, now to the books.....

crimesuspenstories20.jpg

crimesuspenstories22.jpg

crimesuspenstories23jpg.jpg

HauntofFear17.jpg

shocksuspenstories6.jpg

shocksuspenstories12.jpg

vaultofhorror30.jpg

vaultofhorror35.jpg

vaultofhorror37-1.jpg

weirdfantasy13.jpg

weirdfantasy17.jpg

weirdfantasy21.jpg

weirdscience9.jpg

weirdscience14.jpg

weirdscience15.jpg

weirdscience16.jpg

weirdscience19.jpg

weirdscience20.jpg

weirdsciencefantasy25.jpg

weirdsciencefantasy29.jpg

I think we need a Sci-Fi winner and a horror winner!

Good idea actually, cuz horror and crime get voted off by me every time. There is NO SUCH THING as a beautifully rendered rape, suicide, hanging, murder or torture :sumo:

I think we need a Sci-Fi winner and a horror winner!

Good idea actually, cuz horror and crime get voted off by me every time. There is NO SUCH THING as a beautifully rendered rape, suicide, hanging, murder or torture :sumo:

Well, we'll know the winners of each genre by seeing which one lasts the longest. (thumbs u

There is NO SUCH THING as a beautifully rendered rape, suicide, hanging, murder or torture :sumo:

Really? Rape, murder and torture, in respective order. Granted, these have a bit more depth than EC comic book cover art, but excluding something from being beautiful because it deals with harsh subject matter seems a bit silly.

07%20florence%20(39).jpg

goya.jpg

prometheus.jpeg

+1

The black and white version of the cover where you can see all the fine linework looks even better. I think it's in either the Russ Cochran EC Library volume or the Icon book, along with the original Buck Rogers artwork for comparison.

In these final stages I'm finding myself voting more in favour of the science fiction covers by Wood and Frazetta. I do much prefer Craig's more subtle interior work, especially the stories where he concentrates on implied psychological horror.

There is NO SUCH THING as a beautifully rendered rape, suicide, hanging, murder or torture :sumo:

Really? Rape, murder and torture, in respective order. Granted, these have a bit more depth than EC comic book cover art, but excluding something from being beautiful because it deals with harsh subject matter seems a bit silly.

07%20florence%20(39).jpg

goya.jpg

prometheus.jpeg

Do I really have to defend this? Your pics are not even in the same catagory. Sure, one group is dominating its will over the other in your pics.....but there is still honor towards the losing weaker side.....like the people being executed. The woman with her head chopped off has NO HONOR. Its not about her. It doesn't distinguish her in any way. It is 100 % about the act of the evil man. He is the focus and his deed is the focus of the cover. Silly my arse !!

Do I really have to defend this? Your pics are not even in the same catagory. Sure, one group is dominating its will over the other in your pics.....but there is still honor towards the losing weaker side.....like the people being executed. The woman with her head chopped off has NO HONOR. Its not about her. It doesn't distinguish her in any way. It is 100 % about the act of the evil man. He is the focus and his deed is the focus of the cover. Silly my arse !!

Great. That's not what you said.