• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Craziest Copper Age titles published

64 posts in this topic

I would only argue that TMNT was a parody of Ronin. Being done by Miller at his prime and just after the Daredevil classics had some similarities.

X-men, maybe but at that time X-men influenced everything.

The parody was what Miller tried to do with Ronin which made Ronin suck so bad. OK, maybe it didn't suck but it had its weaknesses.

The parody was what Miller tried to do with Ronin which made Ronin suck so bad. OK, maybe it didn't suck but it had its weaknesses.

I remember when it came out, and there was massive high-hopes for this to be his next big work. It didn't sink that low, but it did seem to miss its potential.

I still enjoyed the story.

I would only argue that TMNT was a parody of Ronin. Being done by Miller at his prime and just after the Daredevil classics had some similarities.

X-men, maybe but at that time X-men influenced everything.

i loved ronin. :cloud9: i just think it was to complicated from some readers a la watchmen.

lol

This era has some of the strangest titles.

Does anyone know what book the ad or couple pages for Adult Thermonucleur Samaurai Elephants was in?

I had the info at one point but have never been able to find it since then.

POWER PACHYDERMS #1 (Sept. 1989), originally titled ADULT THERMONUCLEAR SAMURAI ELEPHANTS, was meant as a parody of Mirage's Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, which was itself originally a parody of UNCANNY X–MEN and Frank Miller's run on DAREDEVIL

http://marvel.com/seventy_years/fact_of_the_day/goto/07-06

God, I have a copy of Power Pachyderms.

doh!

Pictures?

:)

lol

Does anyone know what book the ad or couple pages for Adult Thermonucleur Samaurai Elephants was in?

POWER PACHYDERMS #1 (Sept. 1989), originally titled ADULT THERMONUCLEAR SAMURAI ELEPHANTS, was meant as a parody of Mirage's Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, which was itself originally a parody of UNCANNY X–MEN and Frank Miller's run on DAREDEVIL

doh!

Pictures?

:popcorn:

lol

POWER PACHYDERMS #1 (Sept. 1989), originally titled ADULT THERMONUCLEAR SAMURAI ELEPHANTS, was meant as a parody of Mirage's Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, which was itself originally a parody of UNCANNY XMEN and Frank Miller's run on DAREDEVIL

doh!

Pictures?

See?

And you thought we were kidding about some of these titles. The list is massive what came out of that period, and yes, there were really good books as well.

Good times!

:cloud9:

Yeah,I thought they were fakes titles until I saw the actual books you guys posted lol:insane:lol:insane:

So a few were discussing some of the crazy titles that came out of the Copper Age in a sales thread. It was interesting that someone thought these were fake titles even, it was so unbelievable.

1) Samurai Penguin.

2) Miami Mice.

3) Geriatric Gangrene Jujitsu Gerbils.

4) Hey, Boss (an unauthorized Bruce Springsteen that was horrible).

It seemed like anything that could get published, did. What did you find as some of the more zany?

In my humble opinion, Samurai Penguin was the second best of all the anthropomorphic, adjective, adjective, adjective, noun comics produced in the eighties, second only to Turtles.

It was a really great read, and I loved it immensely. I still need one or two issues to have the complete run.

So a few were discussing some of the crazy titles that came out of the Copper Age in a sales thread. It was interesting that someone thought these were fake titles even, it was so unbelievable.

1) Samurai Penguin.

2) Miami Mice.

3) Geriatric Gangrene Jujitsu Gerbils.

4) Hey, Boss (an unauthorized Bruce Springsteen that was horrible).

It seemed like anything that could get published, did. What did you find as some of the more zany?

In my humble opinion, Samurai Penguin was the second best of all the anthropomorphic, adjective, adjective, adjective, noun comics produced in the eighties, second only to Turtles.

It was a really great read, and I loved it immensely. I still need one or two issues to have the complete run.

Honestly, I liked it as well.

I still remember the Comic Buyer's Guide story that came out where an executive with an investment firm convinced his company to buy a large portion of the #1 print run. He had shown them what TMNT issues were going for, and that this could be the next big winner.

Wonder how long he worked there after the crash?

:(

Honestly, I liked it as well.

I still remember the Comic Buyer's Guide story that came out where an executive with an investment firm convinced his company to buy a large portion of the #1 print run. He had shown them what TMNT issues were going for, and that this could be the next big winner.

Wonder how long he worked there after the crash?

:(

:roflmao: Anyone know where I can find that story?

lol

POWER PACHYDERMS #1 (Sept. 1989), originally titled ADULT THERMONUCLEAR SAMURAI ELEPHANTS, was meant as a parody of Mirage's Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, which was itself originally a parody of UNCANNY XMEN and Frank Miller's run on DAREDEVIL

doh!

Pictures?

sorry, it's in storage.

completely not worth going and getting it, actually.

and i :cloud9: Ronin

Mark Martin is good. Have you seen he takes OA commissions on his website? I'm not too well schooled in OA, but his prices seemed reasonable to me. I considered a TMNT piece. Besides Eastman and Laird he's my favorite to work on TMNT