• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Where will this comicbook hobby be in 10 years?

42 posts in this topic

The death of the monthly pamphlet is coming. I think it will be good for the industry since creators will have to work with a larger story in mind instead of simply carrying along the action month to month.

It certainly helps the story doesn't it? you have more of an appreciation for it being able to read a big arc in a row as opposed to in monthly instalments where you've already forgotten what happened last month. Looking back, that's one of the key reasons I always collected back issues instead of reading new releases

CNN had on today, a reported making a story of how e-books are taking at airports and such. She said that you do not see many books anymore but do see a lot of e-books. You buy a book online and just download it instantly.

How is CGC going to check and grade those? Certify that is a legal and original download and not a knockoff? First edition download (is that possible?).

But....Every since the internet came about, some have been saying that it was the end of hardback books as we know them. In truth, it seems there are more collectors of them than ever before.

Maybe e-comics will make the "old paper funny books" even more sought after. Who knows until we know.

Oh yea. I forgot. The Shadow knows. :)