• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Thread Closed

44 posts in this topic

Astounding Science Fiction, October 1940

Features stories by Van Vogt, Sturgeon, De Camp, and the original appearance of Farewell to the Master by Harry Bates, the story that the movie "The Day The Earth Stood Still" was based on.

A few small tears, small stain, and a pencil mark FC, 1/4" piece out of lower spine strip, 1" tear upper BC. Still displays very nicely, sharp interior.

I want $35 for this one.

astounding.jpg

Hre's a rerun from my last thread.

The Arkham Sampler Winter 1949 Issue.

All science fiction issue, featuring many greats from the Golden Age of Science Fiction including Bradbury, Van Vogt, Sturgeon, Bloch, Leiber, and on and on.

This one is in sad shape, the front cover is detached and has chipping, the back cover is gone completely, light staining along outer edge, and the staples are rusty.

That being said, when have you ever seen another one?

$30 firm for this issue.

arkham.jpg

oldie but goodie

Action Comics 27, and I don't care what Overstreet says, that sure looks like Lois Lane on the cover, lol

This copy is complete, but has tape on FC, spine, and along interior spine to first and last page. Light stain from lion's haunch to bottom of cover, should be visible in scan. A couple amateur color touches ( on TOP of the tape, lol LOL ) at upper spine FC, CF loose at lower staple. All that being said, it's an affordable, complete, very readable copy of an early Action. Grab it and run at $280.

action27.jpg

Yes, this is the first Lois Lane cover........if you'll check the interior story you'll see

Overstreet has been listing this wrong for years

First up, Sherry the Showgirl 6, 1957 Atlas. Pretty copy, except that that this book has THE WORST case of Marvel Chipping I've ever seen. The entire RH edge is gone, along with a couple chips along upper FC, which may not be visible in the scan. Light tanning along open edges of cover, interior is tight and secure, with cream-offwhite pages. Overstreet in VG is $22, asking $12

sherry6.jpg

:takeit:

nice pick up :golfclap:

I would have hit that :cloud9:

Hey Ho, Mac Man.

Let's just say that I'm kind of surprised that the two Actions are still here. The two Flash books I kind of expected some movement on too. Ahh well, mebbe everybody's Visa and Discover bills showed up in today's mail :grin:

Okay, so there doesn't seem to be much love for my sales thread, let's try a few price reductions.

Flash 106 $180

Flash 111 $90

Super Magician 2/12 $65

The Thing 16 $140

Action 27 $260

Action 29 $210

Adventure 142 $35

Howdy Doody 1 $130

Strange Tales 51 $20

Yum Yum Book $75

Arkham Sampler $25

Astounding $25

Take another look, see if there's anything you like.

Thanks!

Rickster

Heh heh, sorry Gents.

Y'know, I think this is the first time in two years that I've seen early affordable Actions hang out on the Boards for better than 24 hours.

Ahh well, at the end of the evening they go back into The Vault.

Heh heh, sorry Gents.

Y'know, I think this is the first time in two years that I've seen early affordable Actions hang out on the Boards for better than 24 hours.

Ahh well, at the end of the evening they go back into The Vault.

Next to the mayonnaise and ketchup?

Nice books Rick but I'm broke.

Okay, last reductions. These items are available until 9PM EST tonight and then the thread will be closed.

Thanks again for everyone who has posted, and everyone who has taken time to look!

Flash 106 $170

Flash 111 $80

Super Magician 2/12 $60

The Thing 16 $130

Action 27 $250 SOLD!

Action 29 $200

Adventure 142 $35 SOLD!

Howdy Doody 1 $120

Strange Tales 51 $20

Yum Yum Book $65

Arkham Sampler $20

Astounding $25