• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

I just saw GI JOE on DVD...

52 posts in this topic

it wasn't as bad i thought it was going to be, i actually enjoyed the popcorn action flick. :popcorn:

I went into it with the expectations of a popcorn flick and I enjoyed it fairly well. Won't see it again or purchase it though.

I bet all the fanboys where flipping out after this movie lol

I went into watching this movie with no expectations and I give it like 4 out of 5. I really didn't like the accelerator suits but other then that I liked the rest and the new plot line / story they made.

I may be in the minority but it wasn't one of my favorite films. I wouldn't recommend it.

+1

I really felt like it was bad as well. I think we should expecting more from Hollywood when they add these valuable licensed properties to movies than just slapping the title on it, throw in more CGI than Matrix 3 and expect the lemmings to drop $11 (theatres) and/or $20 (DVD) to see it.

But $300M and a sequel later, I guess you don't really have to do much more than that...

(shrug)

I guess this sums it up for me...

"This is my favorite bad movie of the summer. And yes, I realize that's a backhanded compliment. Yo Joe. "

"The folks at Hasbro must be laughing all the way to the bank this summer."

"This isn't G.I. Joe so much as it's C.G.I. Joe, a nonstop orgy of computer imagery and pretty much what we'd expect from the director of the execrable Van Helsing and two dopey Mummy movies."

After seeing the previews, I thought it might be worth seeing but I never got around to seeing it in the theatres. I rented it on blu-ray the other day and after watching the opening 5 minutes of the movie, I turned it off.

Cheesy graphics, poor acting, lame storyline...:sick:

After seeing the previews, I thought it might be worth seeing but I never got around to seeing it in the theatres. I rented it on blu-ray the other day and after watching the opening 5 minutes of the movie, I turned it off.

Cheesy graphics, poor acting, lame storyline...:sick:

Agree completely.

I could tell all of this from the trailer which is why I never went to see it in the theatres and only rented it. I can add the Transformer movies to this as well.

I personally want more from my movies.

Leave your brain at home and grab a large popcorn. These sort of popcorn and soda movies aren;t bad every now and then. Though it was sad to see it happen to a franchise with so much potential. When I start writing and directing, that all will change! :sumo:

It was no Iron Man, but I thoroughly enjoyed it. Take heart, it could have ended up like Daredevil.

:roflmao:

No amount of counseling has allowed me to get over that travesty. Almost made me wish I was as blind as Matty Murdoch so I would never have to see it again.