• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Moving to 29 Palms, CA in March-Anyone know of any good LCS's?

12 posts in this topic

Just got home and discovered I am receipt of orders to the West Coast from North Carolina. :pullhair: Team Dudeman is headed to sunny 29 Palms, California. Can anyone recommend any local shops out that way? Thanks in advance! :banana:

1655256-banana2.gifChris

Guest Grails

I was at 29 Palms for three years in the late 90's and there was only one small comic book shop off base at the time. Don't know if its still there but you'll have better luck driving an hour to Palm Springs. San Diego and Vegas are also close for a nice Saturday drive.

So is the one in Palm Springs. I live in town and the LCS closed last year. The closest one I found was in Moreno Valley. There are two out there. One is the worst comic shop I have ever stepped foot in, and that is not a joke. The place is so bad you wouldn't believe me. The other one is just one exit west of there and is pretty decent. The good one is called Players and is right off Ironwood and Pigeon Pass. the other isn't listed in Google anymore, forgot what it was called. It's located on Sunnymead just west of the Perris offramp, but that place is best avoided anyway. If you don't mind the drive my favorite comic shop is in Rancho Cucamonga, it's called 4 Color Fantasies.

Thanks everyone! I am already driving 40 minutes to my LCS now, so I will make the drive a family trip. I will definitely check out 4 Color Fantasies (thanks Dupont!)

Do you all recommend any particular on-line subscription service?

1655256-banana2.gifChris

I just signed up to heavyink.com. 20% discount and $1 shipping on all orders of 3 comics or more. You can have your shipments sent as often as every week or you can have them hold your order until you have up to 10 comics. They will hold for as long as 8 weeks.

Thanks everyone! I am already driving 40 minutes to my LCS now, so I will make the drive a family trip. I will definitely check out 4 Color Fantasies (thanks Dupont!)

Do you all recommend any particular on-line subscription service?

1655256-banana2.gifChris

which comic shop do you frequent now?

Pirate! What's up Brother?! I go to Beach Book Mart in Atlantic Beach. The owner Larry, has a nice set up with half of the store being new books and a large section set up for comics, figures, etc. I have been shopping with him since my wife and I closed our comic shop in 2002.

1655256-banana2.gifChris

I used to go to Heroes are Here in Greenville and Goldsboro. Greenville closed about 10 years ago, wonder if Eddie still has the Goldsboro store. It was right outside main gate to Seymour Johnson AFB.

I just drove through 29 Palms...it's gorgeous...

....in January.

Good luck with the heat. ;)

You gotta drive west to get close to any decent shops, but there are a few about 30-45 minutes away in San Bo and Riverside.

I used to go to Heroes are Here in Greenville and Goldsboro. Greenville closed about 10 years ago, wonder if Eddie still has the Goldsboro store. It was right outside main gate to Seymour Johnson AFB.

I went to the Goldsboro store right before I left last year and they seemed to be doing well. I went nuts and picked up all of the Johns Justice Society variants for a good price. They gave me 15 percent off for coming from out of town-good folks and good times! (thumbs u I will try to stop by one more time before I take off in March.

1655256-banana2.gifChris