• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Girls & Comics

Girls and comics  

345 members have voted

1. 1. Girls and comics

234 posts in this topic

I have the whole series imported on Laser Disk. Eventually I bought all of the DVD's (save for Stars since I don't do bootleg), but I could never part with any of it. I have all of my SM stuff stored away.
I may get the box set b/c is cheaper (I'm a cheap *spoon* lol )

It would be a waste of money since

1) The legal box sets are out of print, and anything second hand will always go for double because anime fans are stupid..

and 2) You can pretty much watch it on YouTube.

After last nights loss to the Colts (a team I actually really like, despite the history) I bought myself a new Kate Spade bag to make myself feel better.

It would be a waste of money since

1) The legal box sets are out of print, and anything second hand will always go for double because anime fans are stupid..

and 2) You can pretty much watch it on YouTube.

After last nights loss to the Colts (a team I actually really like, despite the history) I bought myself a new Kate Spade bag to make myself feel better.

Good point hm

gf doesn't care about the stories in books except manga.....she buys (i buy her) covers with the artwork she likes

she hates when i'm in the selling fourm and pointing out covers....i wind up picking up the book at times

meny times she's called me a spoon for showing her a covers (thumbs u

alot of times i'll hear people saying i should buy her presents.....they don't realize i do all the time, just not the traditionl ones, she doesn't like/ware jewelry, and no flowers bc they die so a waste of money there

so that leaves comics and little trinkets of dolphns, dragons, or faries

gf doesn't care about the stories in books except manga.....she buys (i buy her) covers with the artwork she likes

she hates when i'm in the selling fourm and pointing out covers....i wind up picking up the book at times

meny times she's called me a spoon for showing her a covers (thumbs u

alot of times i'll hear people saying i should buy her presents.....they don't realize i do all the time, just not the traditionl ones, she doesn't like/ware jewelry, and no flowers bc they die so a waste of money there

so that leaves comics and little trinkets of dolphns, dragons, or faries

I've been with my boyfriend for 7 years, been friends for 9. I can safely say that when people are telling you how to run your relationship, they are most likely unappy. Pat buys me un-conventional gifts all the time, such as the Tonner Poison Ivy doll I got last year for our 6 year ann. Other times I fancy something like a new Kate Spade necklace or Swarovski earings.

Long story short, if she's happy, then who cares what other people think.

heh 11yrs....and a 10yr old son

ya had one guy saying we should get married and other stuff.....then would start saying "i'm only trying to help you"

lol got him feeling bad when i told him "what am i sapposse to do leave her and put him in therpy bc the securty and normalicy he's use to is now gone"

he kinda stoped after that, saying he didn't think of that......individual_without_enough_empathy, ate people that preach, and the sheep that listen to them

ya had one guy saying we should get married and other stuff.....then would start saying "i'm only trying to help you"

lol got him feeling bad when i told him "what am i sapposse to do leave her and put him in therpy bc the securty and normalicy he's use to is now gone"

he kinda stoped after that, saying he didn't think of that......individual_without_enough_empathy, hate people that preach, and the sheep that listen to them

opps.....hit quote instead of edit to fix "ate" to "hate"

lol people apparently always ask Eric why we're not married after being together for almost 6 years....when he tells them I'm still in school, they usually go "WHAT? High school?!"

No...college P=

Anyway, as long as you know how to make her happy...is most important ;) Sometimes I would like it if Eric got me something a little trivial but sweet, but I know that "his" way is to get something practical, that he knows I'll use and that I need. =) That's the sweet part.

On the topic of Sailor Moon...man, I still enjoy the hell out of it O.o Over the course of about six months last year I managed to watch all five seasons....I enjoyed it. :heart: I got PGSM too and I loved it. ^o^ There is a RUMOR going about that there is a good possibility of a re-dub that'll be more faithful to, y'know, the real plot xD; I hope they keep in certain parts that were a little too "mature" for the 6-year old audience that DiC was aiming for. O.o

I'd be more interested to see what dubbing company gets it. I think VIZ would be best, since I'm pretty sure everyone else is out of business or something.

My sister watched Pretty Guardian, as well as all of the stage shows, but I can't get into them. I would best leave it in my childhood so I don't ruin it for myself now. The comic is still a great read though.

he kinda stoped after that, saying he didn't think of that......individual_without_enough_empathy, hate people that preach, and the sheep that listen to them

opps.....hit quote instead of edit to fix "ate" to "hate"

Good job editing! (thumbs u

In terms of Japanese anime milestones, Sailor Moon's importance should not go unnoticed. It revived the magical girl genre, and did something no other magical girl show did before: introduce a team of girls, much like the boys sentai counterparts. It's also one of the most popular magical girl shows to date, but it's also no longer available to anyone (for the moment).

However I can't re-watch episodes of it. I don't want to ruin what it ment to me as a kid because it's really a stupid show.

Good point, I also noticed its one of the few comicbooks from the 1990`s that go for good money on EBAY.

In terms of Japanese anime milestones, Sailor Moon's importance should not go unnoticed. It revived the magical girl genre, and did something no other magical girl show did before: introduce a team of girls, much like the boys sentai counterparts. It's also one of the most popular magical girl shows to date, but it's also no longer available to anyone (for the moment).

However I can't re-watch episodes of it. I don't want to ruin what it ment to me as a kid because it's really a stupid show.

Good point, I also noticed its one of the few comicbooks from the 1990`s that go for good money on EBAY.

The Japanese versions could go for a lot of money, but the English ones, which were printed starting in late 2000, go for much much more.