• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Kid Colt Outlaw 1

80 posts in this topic

yeah, but I'm talking mostly mid grade, like 6.0/6.5 on the #1, 6.0 on the #2... etc.

That is pretty much high grade for these books. Finding an early Atlas Kid Colt in VF is pretty much impossible.

:whistle:

kidcolt24.jpg

:o:cloud9:

I love Atlas westerns.

However, much like war comics in the past, westerns are not really a hot genre. At least I don't think they are.

The westerns are dead. Long may they stay dead!

I certainly encourage all right-thinking collectors to continue to focus on men in long underwear. (thumbs u

I love Atlas westerns.

However, much like war comics in the past, westerns are not really a hot genre. At least I don't think they are.

The westerns are dead. Long may they stay dead!

I certainly encourage all right-thinking collectors to continue to focus on men in long underwear. (thumbs u

Amen to that ;)

yeah, but I'm talking mostly mid grade, like 6.0/6.5 on the #1, 6.0 on the #2... etc.

That is pretty much high grade for these books. Finding an early Atlas Kid Colt in VF is pretty much impossible.

kidcolt24.jpg

I still have the ability to surprise you every now and then! :grin:

The miscut bugs me, but I figured there probably weren't too many other NM pedigreed copies floating around. :/

And that electric blue background... :cloud9:

And Syd Shores rocks! :headbang:

kidcolt24.jpg

I still have the ability to surprise you every now and then! :grin:

The miscut bugs me, but I figured there probably weren't too many other NM pedigreed copies floating around. :/

And that electric blue background... :cloud9:

And Syd Shores rocks! :headbang:

The miscut is extremely offensive now that I think about it, and it's probably best for you to dump that before others recognize it. :eyeroll:

Not a Timely, Atlas or Kid Colt, but a Severin cover that I really like:

I'd be hard-pressed to find a Severin cover that I dislike.

RawhideKid15.jpg

Thanks! It's about the whitest Atlas Western I've seen.

Not a Timely, Atlas or Kid Colt, but a Severin cover that I really like:

I'd be hard-pressed to find a Severin cover that I dislike.

RawhideKid15.jpg

Beautiful... :o ....can't remember you posting that before..!!

Thanks

pedigree?

I'm thinking not......by the looks of this and others in his war chest.....he was there when they fell off the truck....snatched up moments before the date stamp hit the ink blotter.

pedigree?

No, but it makes my Atlas pedigrees look old.

I have posted it but a long time ago. Here are a couple other repeats that I picked up with that Kid Colt

KidColt64.jpg

RawhideKid9.jpg

And Circle 8 and an Ohio

KidColt66.jpg

KidColt35.jpg

I have posted it but a long time ago. Here are a couple other repeats that I picked up with that Kid Colt

KidColt64.jpg

RawhideKid9.jpg

And Circle 8 and an Ohio

KidColt66.jpg

KidColt35.jpg

I remember that string.....it's what got me to hunt down the RK # 9.

rhk9gv7.jpg

Still huntin' one or two of the others.... :frustrated:

Those are great covers! I need to be on the look out for a KCO #66. Love that cover in particular!

Hard to argue with a high grade Atlas western with a Severin cover. The last great frontier of "scarce yet affordable". GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

Want to know the difference between a high-grade collector and a low-grade collector?

Just count yourself fortunate not to be afflicted with OCD.

The boards are no help. Even I can see that a higher grade copy makes the cover more "enjoyable" :frustrated:

Want to know the difference between a high-grade collector and a low-grade collector?

It would be particularly frustrating for you in the Atlas western arena....their are no 9.4 copies of most. .....but they're so cool that even a 9.0 will have a transcendental quality. GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

The boards are no help. Even I can see that a higher grade copy makes the cover more "enjoyable" :frustrated:

That Kid Colt 64 is actually below my normal standards :sorry: but the colors are so intense and I'm such a sucker for a Heath cover that I had to pick it up. The nice thing was that it wasn't that expensive (it still wouldn't be).