• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

FS: Boring and expensive stuff inside, DON'T LOOK !!

130 posts in this topic

Tales of Suspense #71 VF/NM : $65

Arrival date on front cover :pullhair:

TOS71.jpg

:takeit:

That is a nice pickup dude. Your TOS collection is really coming along.

cant lose for 65 bones!...plus it has a nice little date stamp on the front!!! but now i really need to chill out intill next week lol

Y'know..when I was a kid I did not care for date stamps as I felt they just marked up the book. Now I find them cool..I can't really describe why, I just think they're very neat.

Comic books are only original once. Once a date stamp or other marking is put on a book it's no longer original. This means date stamps are a flaw on a comic book...that is the facts!! Now if you like collecting date stamps that's cool but once and for all we need to look at them for what they are.

Comic books are only original once. Once a date stamp or other marking is put on a book it's no longer original. This means date stamps are a flaw on a comic book...that is the facts!! Now if you like collecting date stamps that's cool but once and for all we need to look at them for what they are.

B.S.

Oh nonsense. A book with a stamp is as original as one without. (Did you mean 'pristine'?) And while stamps are, striclty speaking, a post-production defect, they add provenence and context to what is otherwise just mass produced ephemera. I love my Dell file copies with the big editorial department stamp on the cover too. To each his own.

Thread related comment: any EC sci-fi coming up? Date stamps or no... :insane:

Huh? I prefer a book without a date stamp, but if the stamp is clear it's pretty awesome IMO... why the hate?

Huh? I prefer a book without a date stamp, but if the stamp is clear it's pretty awesome IMO... why the hate?

Date stamps don't really bother me. In fact, they add a nice touch to a book. They seem somehow more genuine with them IMHO. It's a matter of opinion. In fact, I prefer vintage books with some wear/defects over the uber high grade stuff. As my girlfriend would say:"They seem to be more loved" when worn a bit because someone actually read them.

WHAT THE HECK ?! :boo:

I am just looking this morning at my FS thread just to realize that it has derailed into a General discussion about date stamps on comics :signofftopic:

Guys, if you want to discuss the subject, you are welcome but there is a General discussion to start such a topic :rulez:

I will be happy to join the discussion, but NOT in my FS thread pppllleeeaaasssee.

In my FS threads, arrival dates, mis-wrap covers and pressing are considered as a defect. :sumo:

That is what I think as a collector (did you ever wonder why I got the nickname pickycollector) and I will preach the same as a seller :preach:

If you disagree with me, then take advantage of it and use the :takeit: little guy :grin:

First print I think.

Overstreet only says that there are two cover editions, a hard cover and a soft cover. I don't think there are 2nd prints of these books.

If somebody here knows the right answer, please let us know.

Open the book to the indicia page and look for a series of numbers... 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10. The lowest number is the printing (i.e. if 3 is the lowest number then it's the 3rd printing). I have several Fireside books and they are all 1st edition but I've seen higher editions on Origins and Son Of Origins.

WHAT THE HECK ?! :boo:

I am just looking this morning at my FS thread just to realize that it has derailed into a General discussion about date stamps on comics :signofftopic:

Guys, if you want to discuss the subject, you are welcome but there is a General discussion to start such a topic :rulez:

I will be happy to join the discussion, but NOT in my FS thread pppllleeeaaasssee.

In my FS threads, arrival dates, mis-wrap covers and pressing are considered as a defect. :sumo:

That is what I think as a collector (did you ever wonder why I got the nickname pickycollector) and I will preach the same as a seller :preach:

If you disagree with me, then take advantage of it and use the :takeit: little guy :grin:

Geez... And here we were thinking that you would appreciate getting some free "bumps" to stay at the top of the list.... :baiting:

First print I think.

Overstreet only says that there are two cover editions, a hard cover and a soft cover. I don't think there are 2nd prints of these books.

If somebody here knows the right answer, please let us know.

Open the book to the indicia page and look for a series of numbers... 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10. The lowest number is the printing (i.e. if 3 is the lowest number then it's the 3rd printing). I have several Fireside books and they are all 1st edition but I've seen higher editions on Origins and Son Of Origins.

I did doublecheck and the lowest number is 1 and therefore it is indeed the first printing. Thanks for the information Stronguy