• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

THE INAUGURAL NC MALL CON! - March 13th, 2010

98 posts in this topic

Hey Guys!

I finally did it! I convinced Alan Gill of Ultimate Comics of Durham to set a show date

for a decent larger show in the Triangle!

Date: Saturday, March 13th.

(on Airport Blvd right off of HWY 40)

There is a hotel right next to the center for those that need it.

For those that don't know about the old school Raleigh Cons, they are pretty small

and in some pretty odd places. We are hoping this will do well and to create an atmosphere

worthy of Central NC!

Seriously, If anyone needs a table, pm me and I will send you the details.

_w

I wonder if I can get Toon Tumblers to make us a glass.

:insane:

Seriously, I just hope this is better than the other Raleigh shows

so it can be worth the sellers time - while making a show that will hopefully draw a

decent amount of comic patrons.

(thumbs u

I went to a few shows at this mall back in the early 90s. Remember one of the shows....the first Wizard magazine had just come out. Think that was 1991?

Sometime after those shows the mall was sold and the guys that bought it really did it up right. Hardwood floors throughout the mall,great stores, and a great food court.

There used to be Cons at a mall here in fayetteville around that time (91) i wonder if they are related.

Either way sound cool!

There used to be Cons at a mall here in fayetteville around that time (91) i wonder if they are related.

Either way sound cool!

Maybe we'll actually see you at one ...............huh :baiting:

:popcorn:

so seriously, I hope you can make it.

_w

Sounds great, I'll make the trip up from Wilmington for the day and hope to meet some fellow boardies (thumbs u

cool man I pm'ed you the info.

NC has a pretty strong presence here in these boards and it's time to represent!

(thumbs u

I think I'll be able to make it there. I didn't realize it was Alan that set it up. The Raleigh/Durham area is deserving of a good-sized con like Heroes Con. There are many, many artists that lives in NC, it's a matter of time before most of them show up if this event is held yearly.

Good work, Nerf!