• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Supermen /Batman RRP 9.8

12 posts in this topic

Any theories on this one?...so far sales have been lack-luster, even in 9.6 grade CGC..winning bids in 9.6 have been at $360.00,...and those auctions seamed suspiciously shilled to create hype in my opinion,...the average 9.6 price has been around $275.00..... However this is the first time a 9.8 has come up for grabs....

S/B 9.8

Will this get the opening $1,000.00 price?...and if so will it bring up the prices of the 9.6's and 9.4???

Am I seeing this right?

It came out 4 months ago and it's selling for $1,000 insane.gif.

Was there some sort of horrible printing defect that makes it ultra rare to get it this grade?

Am I seeing this right?

It came out 4 months ago and it's selling for $1,000 insane.gif.

Was there some sort of horrible printing defect that makes it ultra rare to get it this grade?

These are RRP editions...given out to Dealers at the Vegas show,...there were 2,000 printed and the majority of them were in bad shape,... they were never for public sale....

Ooooh, I get it thumbsup2.gif.......I still think it's over priced though.

Of course it's overpriced,....Jeez the Batman #608 RRP 9.8 that sold for $2,400.00 was overpriced....the question is will this book do as well as the other.....I'm sure there are several people on this board who have been biting their nails lately hoping that this book would take off soon...

How many batman rrp 608's are there?

I'm not sure,...that would be a question for Darth,...but I believe it was considerably less,..I seem to remember it was around 500 or so....

There are 43 on the cences at present, so considering that most of the ones that are still raw will eventually get graded, will this comic keep going up in price because of the overall rarity, or will it go down when/if alot more keep showing up at 9.8?

who knows??

but I'd guess that as a few years go by the demand will slacken quite a bit as other hot books take its place. They wouldnt be valueless, just fall back into the pack of once-red hot collectibles. Long term, though, if there really are a couple hundred all told, I like the books chances.. (no I dont own one)

I think there are more copies printed and out there than DC let's on; keeps more interest on the book. I bought one from my LCS a few months back and flipped it on eBay. The owner told me that I was the 2nd person that bought one that day. There have been many eBay sales (granted, some may be the same book), and I have seen the book at shows. There has to be more than 2,000 out there.

Chris

I think there are more copies printed and out there than DC let's on; keeps more interest on the book. I bought one from my LCS a few months back and flipped it on eBay. The owner told me that I was the 2nd person that bought one that day. There have been many eBay sales (granted, some may be the same book), and I have seen the book at shows. There has to be more than 2,000 out there.

Chris

Maybe you're the center of their universe. Did you ever think of that, you magnificent, selfless deity, you?

Chris

I'm beginning to think the same thing,..I bought two from my LCS (He said he got them at the Vegas show),gave the the spiel about how hard it was to get two cause each dealer was only supposed to get one, and then a week later, he pops up with one more