• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

48 HOUR AUCTION! FF 22...NICE COPY! ENDS TODAY!

27 posts in this topic

This auction will start at original cover price of 12-cents and end Sunday Jan 10 at 6pm PST!

I will be happy to end the auction early at $39 BIN price shipped to USA!

1st Class or Priority Mail depending. Canada add $5 for shipping.

Payment: PP Personal, MO or CHK.

FANTASTIC FOUR 22

JAN 1964. “The RETURN of the MOLE MAN!” Stan Lee story. Jack Kirby cover/art. OSPG notes “Sue Storm gains new powers (force-field)”.

Pretty darn nice copy for the technical grade…some light but noticeable parallel creasing along spine below logo, and a light stain at the logo from Sue Storm’s head down about 2-inches…a little bit of a rub/abrasion at bottom staple o/wise pretty light spine wear…rounded top and bottom spine corners with teeny chips out both locations…diagonal crease lower right corner and a tiny folded corner at top right corner…o/wise very nice overall edges. There is an erased re-sale grease pencil mark below the “F” in FANTASTIC (I’ve owned this book since about ‘68/’69 and I would typically erase the grease pencil mark when I got home having bought this book used from the now defunct Torrance Bookstore). Back cover is in decent shape with a slight fading to the overall white background with a little more light tanning around perimeter…about a 5-inch diagonal crease extending from below-middle left edge down to right-center bottom edge…and a couple of small transverse tears along bottom edge (the one to the left is an 1/8-inch transverse tear with some soiling above…not a ½-inchish tear).

Structure is excellent, book lays flat with just about perfect centering with perfectly-centered rust-free tight staples…centerfold firmly attached. Interior covers are lightly tanned around the perimeter…with just a light creaming of the overall white backgrounds. Interior pages are white at the center and just lightly tanned at the perimeter and are in excellent overall condition…COMPLETE! Cool full-page ad for ASM 8!

May 2009 OSPG $60 in VG grade.

Grade: Solid VG 4.0

FF22FC.jpg

FF22BC.jpg