• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Dead Universe - Comico

32 posts in this topic

Another early 80's indie, Comico unfortunately ran out of money by very early 1990, and ceased publishing...and then had a couple of "not quite startups" again in the 90's.

Here's the list:

Amazon, The #1-3

Az #1-2

Bloodscent #1

Comico Black Book, The #1

Comico Christmas Special #1

Comico Collection #1

Elementals (Vol. 1) #1-29 with Special #1 & 2 and a Book (TPB?)

Elementals (Vol. 2) #1-26

Elementals (Vol. 3) #1-3

Elementals: Ghost of a Chance #1

Elementals: How the War Was Won #1-2

Elementals Lingerie#1

Elementals Sex Special #1-4 with Gold #1

Elementals Sex Special (2nd Series) #1-2 with variants of each

Elemental’s Sexy Lingerie Special #1 editions both with and without a poster

Elementals Swimsuit Spectacular 1996 #1 and #1 no logo on cover variant

Elementals: The Vampires’ Revenge #1-2

E-Man (3rd Series) #1

E-Man (4th Series) #1-3

Esc #1-4 and TPB

Evangeline (Vol. 1) #1-2

Falls the Gotham Rain #1

Fathom (1st Series) #1-3

Fathom (2nd Series) #1-3 and TPB

Fish Police, The (Vol. 2) #5-26 and Special Edition #1

Ginger Fox #1-4

Grendel (1st Series) #1-3

Grendel (2nd Series) #1-40

Grendel: Devil’s Vagary #1

Grendel: The Devil Inside Book One (1987), Dark Horse published #1-3 in 2001

Gumby’s Summer Fun Special #1

Gumby’s Winter Fun Special #1

Jam Super Cool Color-Injected Turbo Adventure from Hell #1

Jezebel Jade #1-3

Jonny Quest #1-31 and Special Edition #1 & 2

Jonny Quest Classics #1-3

Justice Machine #1-29 and Annual #1

Justice Machine Featuring the Elementals #1-4

Mage #1-15

Magebook #1-2 (possibly a third issue)

Monolith #1-4

Morningstar Special #1

Next Man #1-5

Night and the Enemy GN/TPB (May be a hardback version as well)

Oblivion #1-3

Primer #1-6

Primer (Vol. 2) #1

Red Dragon #1

Ribit! #1-4

Rio Graphic Novel #1-2

Robotech in 3-D #1

Robotech Masters #1-23

Robotech Special #1

Robotech the Graphic Novel #1

Robotech: The Macross Saga #1-36

Robotech: The New Generation #1-25

Sam & Max Freelance Police Special #1

Silverback #1-3

Skrog #1

Slaughterman #1-2

Space Ghost #1

Star Blazers #1-4

Star Blazers (Vol. 2) #1-5

Strike Force America #1

Strike Force America (2nd Series) #1

Strike Force Legacy #1

Trollords (Vol. 2) #1-4

Trouble With Girls, The (Vol. 2) #1-23

Vortex (Comico) #1-4

World of Ginger Fox TPB/HC (one of each version)

Comico!

Let's see, I collected the Elementals, Grendel and Mage.

My younger brother bought all the Robotech stuff, but I couldn't get into it.

Now I just bought my son a bunch of Jonny Quests! And those Doug Wildey classic issues are really, really cool.

I'm going to hunt down Wildey's Rio graphic novel next. But, I didn't realize there were two?

Grendel, Trouble With Girls, Fish Police, and Jonny Quest are ones I like. I have some Trollords but haven't read them yet. Oh yeah Sam & Max. I want to read that too. I mostly don't like manga but a couple series Eclipse put out I did enjoy so sometimes I pick up a copy of something that came out in the 80's to see if I might like it. To this day the only manga I read straight through or even bothered hunting down every issue to is Xenon Heavy Metal Warrior, and even then I didn't think it was great, just good.

To this day the only manga I read straight through or even bothered hunting down every issue to is Xenon Heavy Metal Warrior, and even then I didn't think it was great, just good.

Have you tried Lone Wolf and Cub?

I thought it was great. And hey, kind of a Copper Age book, too! (The U.S. reprints, that is, the ones with the Frank Miller/Matt Wagner covers. Oh and Bill Sinkawich-itcy-wich.)

To this day the only manga I read straight through or even bothered hunting down every issue to is Xenon Heavy Metal Warrior, and even then I didn't think it was great, just good.

Have you tried Lone Wolf and Cub?

I thought it was great. And hey, kind of a Copper Age book, too! (The U.S. reprints, that is, the ones with the Frank Miller/Matt Wagner covers. Oh and Bill Sinkawich-itcy-wich.)

I forgot, I just got a little Lone Wolf And Cub hardcover trade on paperbackswap.com. I got volume 1 but haven't read it yet. I do plan on giving it a read. Do you know if all the trades are these tiny little hardcover pocketbooks?

I didn't know there were hardcovers. Dark Horse reprinted the whole run in a teeny-tiny paperback format for about $10 a pop (28 books in all). These are the ones that I have.

I don't think the First Comics reprints from the 80s ever got around to reprinting the entire story, but I could be wrong (I never got around to buying them all).

Yeah my HC is published by Dark Horse too. I had a chance to get more but didn't want to get too deep into something I might not like. It's actually a pretty good quality HC too and a lot of trades are not, which is why I tend to stay away from them.

Actually, now that I looked around online, I can't find any other LW&C hardcover volumes either. Not Amazon, not eBay, not the Dark Horse website. I typed in the ISBN on amazon and it popped up as a paperback. I wonder if I stumbled upon something rare?

I got a big run of Justice Machine a few years ago... I couldn't get into it, and haven't found any interest in it at all...

I was pretty excited to start reading something brand new where I had a big chunk of stories, but... I dunno... just didn't do it for me. :-/

Justice Machine is one of those books that is on the cusp of being readable. decent stories, interesting characters, passable writing...but the Mike Gustovich art just kills it. straight kills it dead. the guy's just not very good, when compared to the best the Copper Age had to offer

Unfortunately, they only made the first volume of LW&C into a hardcover. No dust jacket was issued. Similarly (though not First, or Dark Horse) Tezuka's Black Jack has hardcover variations of the first three volumes, but none of the others. Which frustrates me, because I like hardcovers, and I like my shelves to match. RAGE!