• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The Walking Dead - Issue #1 page 12

31 posts in this topic

I love this page, and regardless of monetary needs I've resisted putting this up for sale for years now. Long story short, we need some money so I would really appreciate any estimates for what price range I should be asking. I bought from Tony and Kara back in early 2005. I've been researching what his art sells for and am at somewhat of a loss.

No rush, just would like to sell it in not too far off future. If anyone's interested please PM me. I'm considering putting it on ebay with a reserve, but I already despise the idea of selling it so not sure if that's a good idea. Thanks in advance for any help/advice/info.

-Dustin Bloomston

here's the link, and again it's The Walking Dead, Issue 1, pg 12.

http://www.comicartfans.com/GalleryPiece.asp?Piece=166474&GSub=26543

Yes, he is an amazing artist. The page has incredible detail and emotion that work together, like most of his TWD work.

I'm still looking for a fair price to set for it. I apologize for my lack of preparedness but I wasn't sure how to go about moving the page. I should have a better idea of an exact figure in the next couple of days. Thank you everyone for the interest so far.

-Dustin

I haven't been given any exact values yet. However, I've gotten some nice general advice in terms of where to research. One person suggested I check out Adlard's prices for his work. I don't really think they are comparable considering this is from the first issue and Adlard is still making new pages each month. Tony's pages seem to go for a lot more. There are obviously arguments for and against this, but I'm not really here to argue.

I'll put up a reasonable price soon and maybe have people leave offers here for a few days or one week (some set time span) so everyone can get a shot at it and noone will accuse me of making up offers.

-Dustin

I wouldn't compare that page to a similar Adlard page. It defintiely gets a bump for being a Moore page and a first issue page. That said, the lack of zombies will keep the value down a little.

It's cool of you to offer it up on the boards first, but this is the kind of page I'd put on ebay with no reserve/no minimum and let it run. I like to gamble though...

After speaking with a lot of people I came to the decision to post it on Ebay. I apologize if this scares off any potential buyers but I wanted to reach as many people as possible. While everyone I've met on here is trustworthy, I can't expect people from Kirkman's boards to register here to make offers nor can I expect people at CAF to do likewise.

It's a 5 day listing, ending on Sunday the 17th. There is no reserve and shipping (with insurance) is free for domestic buyers. International isn't free unfortunately but I discounted it.

Thanks for everyone's information and patience thus far.

After speaking with a lot of people I came to the decision to post it on Ebay. I apologize if this scares off any potential buyers but I wanted to reach as many people as possible.

Don't apologize. I think that was the right thing to do.