• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Some Classic GA books for sale (and a few pulps)

37 posts in this topic

Hello once again!

I am offering a nice selection of what I consider to be pretty classic books, with such luminaries as Wolverton, Gustavson, Guardineer, Tarpe Mills, Jack Cole and Joe Simon represented.

An :takeit: or PM buys the book, whichever comes first.

I will consider offers and/or time payments on these books, but please PM me first to discuss.

Payment accepted: personal check, money order or paypal.

Books will be shipped fed ex ground (from Canada) at a cost of $18 ... be it one or more books. Insurance will be extra (recommended for the more expensive books). Express fed ex will be available, but will cost more.

Full refund if not satisfied. I have a good track record of sales with satisfied boardies, and list all restoration or major defects detected. Please PM me if you have any specific questions.

More comics and pulps may be added over the next few days.

Thanks for looking!!

10.jpg

KEEN DETECTIVE FUNNIES #18, March 1940. CGC Universal 8.0 (David Crippen copy) cream to O/W pages, deslabbed.

REALLY nice tight copy, with classic “EYE SEES” cover art.

¼” spine splits at top and bottom. About 3/8” dust shadow at bottom of front cover (and to lesser degree, back cover). Inside covers are fairly tanned, especially at bottom edge. Paper is nice and supple, and cover and centerfold is still firmly attached.

Sharp copy of a rare book!!

Asking: $700

KDF18.jpg

c-7.jpg

c-6.jpg

KDF18int1.jpg

KDF18int2.jpg

TARGET COMICS v.1/#10, Nov 1940. Raw, apparent 4.5 (slight to moderate resto), with O/W pages.

Another a rare book, with Joe Simon cover, loaded on the inside with Wolverton, Burgos, Bob Davis, Tarpe Mills.

Restoration work detected consists of spine reinforcement, which runs pretty much the whole length of the spine. Possible staple replacement as well. A few very small tear seals to inside cover.

Clean covers, “1940” written on F/C in pencil. Great gloss and color. Inside covers very light, C/F and cover firmly attached. Wonderful light O/W pages.

Lots of classic material in this copy!

Asking: $350

c-13.jpg

TARGET10wolvpage.jpg

c.jpg

MYSTIC COMICS #5, Mar 1941. Raw, apparent 5.0 (moderate resto), with cream to O/W pages.

Loaded early Timely! Price has been further reduced from early sales threads.

Resto work consists of small ¼” piece fills at top and bottom of spine (and slight color touch to area). Top staple is reinforced on inside of cover. Cover could have been cleaned, but doesn’t feel like it.

Otherwise, clean covers, light inside covers, and nice supple creamy pages. Cover firmly attached to staples. . Top staple at C/F is holding C/F in place, but paper is slightly mangled. Sounds worse than it is. Bottom staple at C/F firm.

Great stories by Gustavson, Bob Davis, Harry Sahle, and a wonderful Guardineer “MOON-MAN” story.

Back cover photo available upon request.

Asking: $450

MYSTIC5cover.jpg

MYSTIC5interior.jpg

SILVER STREAK COMICS #3, March 1940. CGC restored 8.0 (slight (p)), cream to O/W pages. (* I bought this without the label, but it was slabbed at some point).

Super sharp copy of a tough book, Jack Cole and Joe Simon art. Great cover by Jack Binder.

Resto noted on label is front cover re-glossed. That’s it.

Clean covers, staples holding cover and C/F firmly in place. Lightly tanned inside covers. Supple cream to O/W pages.

Asking: $925

SILSTR3CGC80.jpg

c-9.jpg

SILSTR3int1.jpg

c-1.jpg

SILVER STREAK COMICS #4, May 1940. CGC universal 6.5, with O/W pages (de-slabbed, label included))

I picked this beauty up from our own Richard Evans… an amazing copy with fantastic supple pages, cover and C/F firmly attached at staples. Nice light inside covers. No flaws or ugliness to speak of… just pure GA goodness.

Great art by Jack Cole and others inside.

Asking: $875

SILSTR4cgc65.jpg

c-3.jpg

SILSTR4int1.jpg

SILSTR4int2.jpg

c-5.jpg

SILVER STREAK COMICS #6, Sept 1940. CGC universal 3.5, with O/W pages (deslabbed). Harold Curtis copy.

CLASSIC Jack Cole cover, and first appearance of Daredevil highlight this GA book.

Really nice solid copy for the grade… spine is a bit worn but solid, with staples firmly attached to covers. Slight rounding at top corner of spine with ¼” spine split. About a 1” spine split at bottom. C/F firmly attached. Some soiling at spine on back cover.

From the famed Harold Curtis collection! A nice unrestored example.

Asking: $2200

SILSTR6cgc35.jpg

c-12.jpg

SILSTR6int2.jpg

SILSTR6int1.jpg

c-2.jpg

cdetail.jpg

HOODED DETECTIVE pulp, v.3/#1 (first issue of this title) Nov 1941. Approx. G/VG grade. Untrimmed.

Attention all MLJ fans: Super rare super hero pulp!! Great Black Hood vs. mad scientist cover painted by Allan Anderson.

Pretty typical wear to edges… front right edge of cover has some pieces missing. Back cover is in better shape. Grease pencil “25” has been erased from front cover. Spine pretty much all intact and unfaded. Pages are nice, supple cream to O/W.

Asking: SOLD

c-11.jpg

HOODDETcoverdetail.jpg

HOODDETspine.jpg

HOODDETint.jpg

SECRET AGENT X pulp, vol.1/#2, March 1934. Approx VG grade. Untrimmed.

Solid rare #2 issue, great cover art. Bought from our own Fuelman!

Typical wear to cover, some pencil lines across cover. Spine is intact, with reds slightly faded. Supple cream to O/W pages.

Asking: $175

c-14.jpg

SAXmar34spine.jpg

SAXmar34int.jpg

SECRET AGENT X pulp, vol.1/#3, April 1934, approx. GD+ grade. Untrimmed.

Great cop getting zapped cover!

Nice solid copy, with some heavier wear to bottom edge of cover, and creasing on right edge. Small piece of archival tape (about 1”) repair to inside bottom edge of cover. Spine in tact with reds slightly faded. Paper is about cream to O/W, but the very outermost edges of paper are dry.

Asking: $155

c-4.jpg

SAXapr34spine.jpg

SAXapr34int.jpg

SECRET AGENT X pulp, vol.6/#2, Aug 1935, approx. VG grade. Untrimmed.

Is that Bela Lugosi on the cover?

Really nice solid copy, with slight wear to edges of covers. Complete spine, with fading to reds. On strip of tape on inside side edge of front cover (for reinforcement, common to pulps). Really nice light cream to O/W pages.

Asking: $185

c-10.jpg

SAXaug35spine.jpg

SAXaug35int.jpg

SECRET AGENT X pulp, vol.10/#1, April 1937. Approx. VG grade. Untrimmed.

This copy would be a near FINE, except for the rodent chew to the side edge of front cover. Other than that, The spine is full and unfaded, paper is unbelievably off white, covers are clean and glossy (some light staining to front cover around 2.5" from bottom, but it is almost unnoticeable unless held to light at the correct angle ... you can faintly see it in the photo).

Asking: $85

c-8.jpg

SAXapr37coverchews.jpg

SAXapr37int.jpg

SAXapr37spine.jpg

SAXapr37spine.jpg

Can you please show me another shot without the hand. The hand is extremely distracting and I'm unable to make my mind up about the book.

:insane:

SAXapr37spine.jpg

Can you please show me another shot without the hand. The hand is extremely distracting and I'm unable to make my mind up about the book.

:insane:

Sorry Roy, but the hand comes with the book. I didn't want to remove it for fear of damaging the back cover.

:insane::insane: