• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Amazing Mystery Funnies V2 #7 Original Owner Collection Copy-SOLD

12 posts in this topic

A rare book with a very cool cover. Bought this at Heritage by accident as I didn't think my bid would be close to winning but lo and behold it did. Here's the description they provided:

Amazing Mystery Funnies V2#7 (Centaur, 1939) Condition: FN-. This one's a Gerber "8" and called "scarce" by Overstreet. This is the nicest unrestored copy we've ever offered, by far -- it's from the same original-owner collection as the Marvel Comics #1 in this auction. It's the first appearance of the Fantom of the Fair (he plied his trade at the New York World's Fair that was going on at that time). Cover art by Paul Gustavson. This copy could not be encapsulated by CGC because of significant overhangs at the top and the right. But the book has appealing off-white pages that even smell nice! Overstreet 2009 FN 6.0 value = $1,059.

am.jpg

AMFbc.jpg

Looking for $800 shipped, PM me with any questions. I believe the book is in transit as we speak so payment will not need to be sent until I can confirm some tracking details/and or a safe landing. I think Steve Borock may have discovered this collection if I'm not mistaken (believe he made a post to that effect).

A rare book with a very cool cover. Bought this at Heritage by accident as I didn't think my bid would be close to winning but lo and behold it did. Here's the description they provided:

Amazing Mystery Funnies V2#7 (Centaur, 1939) Condition: FN-. This one's a Gerber "8" and called "scarce" by Overstreet. This is the nicest unrestored copy we've ever offered, by far -- it's from the same original-owner collection as the Marvel Comics #1 in this auction. It's the first appearance of the Fantom of the Fair (he plied his trade at the New York World's Fair that was going on at that time). Cover art by Paul Gustavson. This copy could not be encapsulated by CGC because of significant overhangs at the top and the right. But the book has appealing off-white pages that even smell nice! Overstreet 2009 FN 6.0 value = $1,059.

AMFfc.jpg

AMFbc.jpg

Looking for $800 shipped, PM me with any questions. I believe the book is in transit as we speak so payment will not need to be sent until I can confirm some tracking details/and or a safe landing. I think Steve Borock may have discovered this collection if I'm not mistaken (believe he made a post to that effect).

bigger scans please Peter :insane: