• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Just finished Y - THE LAST MAN ...

24 posts in this topic

I just finished the last Trade of Y-The Last Man with a tear in my eye. Not only because it's over now, but the last two issues really made me sad. But to be honest, I really like sad endings sometimes. It cannot always end with a happy ending, that's life. The last issue was really well written and a perfect example, why modern comics are worth reading.

What did you think about the ending of Y-The Last Man?

The explanation for the plague was a little lame, but that wasn't ever what the story was about; it was about the characters and Vaughn wrapped their stories nicely.

Can someone sum up what the story line is about?

A pretty thorough summary is here:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Y_The_Last_Man

Wow. It sounds absolutely awesome.

I'll be reading this.

Thanks, Pov!

The explanation for the plague was a little lame, but that wasn't ever what the story was about; it was about the characters and Vaughn wrapped their stories nicely.

I didn't think there was a definitive explanation of the plague, just several possibilities

Loved the series, ranks up there with Preacher and Walking Dead for me

Ditto.

It'll take a lot to beat Jesse et al at being the greatest book to come out of the Vertigo stable, but Y had a hell of a good shot at it.

I loved the ending.

This is one of my favorite series and one that hooked me when I was bored with some titles in my pull list and thinking on change from comic books to other hobby.

I remember reading the fist TPB and having a strange feeling.. just WOW! and then, ordering all the rest TPBs available at that moment and reading them as fast as I could.

The end was a little 'meh!' for me, because I didn't expect it, but felt it came full circle and the series ended pretty good. That wasn't the end that I felt was perfect, but it wasn't the worse scenario.

This is the only title my girlfriend read till' the end. She felt worse than me on how it ended, but she enjoyned the ride.

I love Pia Guerra artwork and Massimo Carnevale covers, I really love them. You can expect a dirty and gritty artwork from a Vertigo title and the plot, but Pia's work is the opposite, and after some time, you find that is the perfect combination.

And Brian K. Vaughan work is pretty awesome and point me in the right direction because Ex Machina is a wonderful title too.

Totally recommended!.

I didn't care for that one - read the first 5 issues and wasn't impressed.

Dystopia has been done over and over and over and over again...

BTW, what was the twist? Everybody die?

Must've read those first 5 issues REAL closely. (thumbs u

This was a truly amazing series. It was the first book I picked up after my absence from collecting and it was what got me into collecting again. There are so many great issues in the series it's hard to pick just one favorite.